cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulahomes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

I want out I have had enough!

Since getting the bt phone line, broadband and vision a few years ago we have had nothing but problems! After 18 months we finally managed to get rid of the vision,

Now I want to end the broadband and phone line contract, I have had enough with constant faults on them slow Internet speeds, Helpline is as much use as a chocolate fire guard!

I don't see why I should have to pay for ending the contracts when BT are not supplying me with the service I am paying for.

Anyone been in a similar situation? What did you do?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 10

Re: I want out I have had enough!

Hi Paulahomes

Welcome to the forum

Sounds like a spanner in the works here, sorry you've had a bit of trouble.  I'll be happy to help out and get your line and broadband sorted if you like?

Drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your BT account and telephone number and a link back to this thread and I'll get things moving.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
paulahomes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

To be honest I have decided to change to another provider now, I have just gone round in circles with BT, all I get told is rest this reset that, we have even had a second hub sent out and nothing has changed, They say they will send an enginer out but if no fault is found we will have to pay for the enginer. 3 people I know have ended up having to pay as the enginer could not find a falt and it was palmed off as there equimpment even after buying new stuff! So im not even going to go there! Im on benifits I cant afford to.

All I want to know is where do I stand on getting out of the contracts as as far as im concerned im not getting a service I am paying for

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

Don't forget that unless you go to a cable company you would still be using the same incoming telephone and line and any problems would move between suppliers. The would even be maintained by the same company (Openreach) and you would still be charged by them if no fault was found.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
paulahomes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I shall go cable then, or none at all,

all I asked is how do I get out the contracts? I dont think its fair I pay for something im not getting. We are going to change our mobiles to a better tarrif (works out cheaper than bt) and get a dongle for the laptop (again works out cheaper) Bith these will be more reliable and Im bound to have less problems than what im getting now!

I live in a block of flats and my dad (who used to work for bt) had a look and the faults are not with us, but the box downstairs. When I phoned about this it was the same reply, have you reset this reset that?? Our enginer cant touch that box unless veryone complanes,

IM NOT STAYING I WANT OUT, Can someone please just answer my question on how do I get out the contracts with out paying?????

0 Ratings
Musket
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I think that the important word here is CONTRACT. You have entered into a legally binding agreement with BT. If you want "Out" then BT are entitled to compensation in the form of outshanding fees. That seems like a fairly simple concept. If you feel that they have not delivered on their side of the agreement then you are entitled to have your say to a judge. Maybe he will agree with you, maybe not. Hope this helps to clarify your problem.
0 Ratings
paulahomes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Yes and the contract is I shall pay for the service provided, But the problem is im not getting the service I am paying for so BT are in breach of the contract not me. So I dont see why I should pay to compensate them when they are not providing a service they are charging for

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chelsmarty
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Hiya Paul, We have also had loads off trouble like you,we had the package Vision,Phone n Broadband we got rid off the vision it was absolute rubbish,now we are on the verge off going with Talk Talk because we just cant take no more,where someone said you have to have cable is a load off rubbish,and im sorry but the moderators on here will do nothing for you what so ever the one what answered my question hadnt got a clue,and when you call them you always get someone who either doesnt want to know which i have had many times or you cant understand a word they say.

My advice go to another company BT just dont give a dam about anything apart from money.

Good Luck   Chelsea.

0 Ratings
paulahomes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Glad to hear im not the only one!! Well im moving in a few weeks and have not payed my phone bill! So now I cant make outgoing calls, But hey we have the mobiles!! Ill do the same with the broadband! They want there money they can chase me for it and track me down, I have had enough problems with them, So now I get the chance to gice them some probs of there own!!
0 Ratings
AdrianS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

@chelsmarty wrote:

Hiya Paul, We have also had loads off trouble like you,we had the package Vision,Phone n Broadband we got rid off the vision it was absolute rubbish,now we are on the verge off going with Talk Talk because we just cant take no more,where someone said you have to have cable is a load off rubbish,and im sorry but the moderators on here will do nothing for you what so ever the one what answered my question hadnt got a clue,and when you call them you always get someone who either doesnt want to know which i have had many times or you cant understand a word they say.

My advice go to another company BT just dont give a dam about anything apart from money.

Good Luck   Chelsea.

Talk Talk are worse than Bt, i know so many people who have Talk talk and have problems. sure they are cheap and when things are working it is fine, but if anything goes wrong, then you will be pulling your hair out.

i am not pro-Bt because I am looking at going to another ISP myself, but I would not touch Talk Talk with a barge pole.

Adrian
0 Ratings