Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: I want to change my primary email address

Go to solution

Excellent Smiley Happy

Please continue to visit this forum, as there is lots of helpful info.

0 Ratings
Reillymac
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

I share your pain.   I rang months ago and was promised it would be done - but it never was - I didn't bother chasing it up as I thought I was almost out of contract - unfortunately I'm not -I'm stuck for another 6 months!!

I've had more bother that enough with BT between the Kindle not connecting - they say it is the Kindle's fault - yet it works perfectly well at my friends house who also has BT Infinity.  The internet stopping connecting completely - this has happened several times during the past 8 months.

Infinity - which promises superfast speeds - works well on one laptop but on the other it grinds along slowly, very slowly.

I think I'm well on my way to being 'best friends in all the world' with the folk at the call centre in India as I have spoken with them so many times - for hours at a time - usually after I have gone through the whole spriel I am then forwarded to another department.  The folk there are very friendly but there are problems at times with accents and understanding.

At present I am having problems with getting my iphone 3 to connect at home - even though it worked perfectly well for months.

Sorry - I started venting!!!!!!    

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution
@Reillymac this link may help you with your Kindle problem http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37771/~/how-do-i-connect-an-amazon-kindle-to-my-bt-ho...

As to your infinity problem are you connecting your laptops by wired or wireless connection if wireless then are they both wireless N compatible
0 Ratings
cufcfan
Beginner
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution
Thanks for the tip Keith - I have separated from my wife and need her, rather than me to now own the primary account. Also, is it possible to transfer my existing email addresses to sub accounts on my new BT account?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

@cufcfan wrote:
Thanks for the tip Keith - I have separated from my wife and need her, rather than me to now own the primary account. Also, is it possible to transfer my existing email addresses to sub accounts on my new BT account?

you need to contact the mods for help as they are only BT employees on the forum

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cufcfan
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

My wife has responded an email regarding this from Chris Porter but this does not seem to have been actioned yet.  Can one of the mods help with this please - the incident number is ********** 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Hi cufcfan

Just sent you a PM 🙂

cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cufcfan
Beginner
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Craig,

She received an email from bt_com_openworld_support@mailuk.custhelp.com asking for confirmation of the request - the details included were correct.  She responded (and chased up) this same email address but has not yet received any response.  If he completes the form again the worry is that things will start from the beginning agan.

Cheers

Mark

0 Ratings
westcros
Beginner
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

I just just found this forum and so glad I did as I am in a similar position and find that the email address which has been set up is one letter different from what was actually intended. Whether that's my fault or BT I don't know, but I really need to get it sorted and to find this information is a real help.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
smdxc07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

Hi,

I am in the same situation. Need to change my primary email address. I have tried the BT WIFI phone support to no avail.

We moved home got a new BT  account number and it seems some random primary email address.

I want to change this to the one I have always used. I only want to register for BT Wifi.

Thanks

Dave

0 Ratings