cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mollywolly
Message 1 of 3

I want to clear a debt to BT and I get no help by phone - can anyone help here?

I have left BT after a catologue of errors mostly on their part too numerous to type. Mainly diabolical customer service and they have incurred bank charges on my account by taking incorrect payments - then no payments. Charges refunded under direct debit guarantee by bank, but still an inconvenience.

The left hand has no idea what the right hand is up to. Each customer advisor has no idea what another has advised OR AGREED on my BT account.

I simply want my account terminated and an agreement in place for the £95.21p it is claimed I owe. I do not trust BT to set and keep to a direct debit, so would ideally like this by standing order (or some other sort of payment method) of £10 per week until paid. I would love to pay it off in full but as on a low income am unable to do so without starving the family for the month.

Ideal outcome = NO BT, nothing owed, no added charges and a sensible response to what I think is a fair offer.

9 weeks at £10 and final payment £5.21

Can anyone advise?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
AA99
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: I want to clear a debt to BT and I get no help by phone - can anyone help here?

In the absence of a reply from BT, I would set up the payment plan you describe and inform them of it.  You are showing willing to pay.  Put everything in writing 🙂

Tags (1)
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: I want to clear a debt to BT and I get no help by phone - can anyone help here?

I suggest you contact the forum moderators on this one they will help where they can forum.moderation.team@bt.com
Tags (3)