cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welsh4eva9876
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

I want to find out whats going on with Infinity, BT isnt being any help on the phone

well basically as the title says, i was suppose to have it end of march then the end of july and now the end of september, my contract is due to end soon as ive had nothing but problems since i joined BT and Infinity would be the only reason i would stay, the green Infinity boxes have been in for about a month or 2 now but still nothing, my postcode is NP11 3BA any help would be great, Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: I want to find out whats going on with Infinity, BT isnt being any help on the phone

put your phone number in this checker
when it says fttc is available then you can order
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
welsh4eva9876
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Re: I want to find out whats going on with Infinity, BT isnt being any help on the phone

It says the same on there as it does on the BT website the date its 30th september, but thats changed 3 times already??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

sorry to say all you can do is wait all dates given a place holders until this checker says it is available then only then can you order http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 10

3 times? wow
0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

@Bullitt wrote:
3 times? wow

Ummm...... at the risk of getting flamed, how is a newbie going to understand why you said that ?  Unless they've browsed the forum at some length first, and the initial post doesn't really suggest that.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 10

it seems a lot
0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Can't remember exactly what the record is  -  I think someone on here claimed 7 or 8 times, might have been another forum though.

0 Ratings
robsonalan
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

My cabinet was due to go live July 2012, then went to Sept 2012 (Cabinet installed in Sept 2012), then moved to Dec 2012, March 2013, June 2013, now has Sept 2013 and expecting it to move to Dec 2013.

I think it is all pretty poor to be honest, someone must know why things are being delayed, I totally disagree with putting an estimate ETA in place if there is no real drive or commitment to hit that date.

If I was working on a project gave and ETA of July 2012 and then delivered over 12 months later without reasonable explanations for each and every delay I would be booted out, not sure why BT or BT Wholesasle cannot provide more details as to what is causing the delays.

0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Almost certainly because Openreach don't tell them.  It's not that there isn't a commitment to hit the dates, it's more that there are so many things that can delay them  -  and the sheer amount of cabinets to be done means that Openreach can always move on to another location where they can actually go ahead with the work.  It's all at the mercy of local councils, utility companies and so on - anything that needs roads or pavements to be dug up involves jumping through all sorts of hoops.

It's been said here many times before, but the only real solution is not to publish the estimated dates - and doing that would lead to a whole heap of other issues, there aren't many potential customers who'd be happy with "You'll get it when you get it."

0 Ratings