cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

I want to leave BT they are the most useless organisation I know of

I want to leave but you can't email them, the live webchat is dead, they never answer the phone. This is BT - the company with a monopoly on everything - they can't even provide a half decent service. 

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: I want to leave BT they are the most useless organisation I know of

You need to phone to cancel even if the online service was functional but if you are still in contract then there will be cancellation charges for remainder of contract

if you want help from the forum members then post more information about your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

If you want the internet and phone disconnected, you have to call and give 30 days notice.
If you want your phone and broadband provided by another company, ring the new provider and they take care of the switch for you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

For one i'd be interested in what "monopoly" BT have on everything & secondly all i'm seeing on here is people moaning that they never answer the phone. I've personally had reason to call a couple of times lately & yes the wait times are high but they do amswer, people meed to have some patience as well

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

So do I, starting to get desperate.  No use phoning as you wait for ages to get through and then line goes dead once the operator gets fed up with what you're trying to do.  BT won't accept responsibility for their **bleep**, used to be a comms analyst so know a bit about signal paths and BT won't admit to anything wrong, wish I had my analytical gear to really get the evidence together.  It's been going on since OpenReach did work in the area last November and just gets worse.  Won't even accept me as the account holder even though they take the money from my account each month.  Got conned into going Halo 2 in the hope of improvement, fat chance.  Might have to  bite the bullet and just get shut, one cowboy outfit.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Why can't they just employ more staff - I'm fed up with their excuses. Why can't you leave via email - because they don't want you to. Patience? Why should I have patience - I don't pay them a fortune for me to have patience.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Some people just don't get it! 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

@phil15wrote:
Why can't they just employ more staff - I'm fed up with their excuses. Why can't you leave via email - because they don't want you to. Patience? Why should I have patience - I don't pay them a fortune for me to have patience.

Are you willing to pay extra for your services every month so that can happen?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

BT employ 104,000 people with 93,000 in the UK, the vast majority are currently working from home due to Covid-19, It will have an impact on service but unlike other businesses, BT haven't made anyone redundant, working from home is difficult and I personally hated it, welcome to the new world, it sucks worse than previously but until a cure is found, we have to make the best of a bad situation.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

As I said - email?
0 Ratings