cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: I want to leave BT they are the most useless organisation I know of

@phil15 

Plusnet are WRONG.

If you contact BT to cancel then it's highly likely you'll lose your connection completely - broadband and phone line & potentially phone number - rather than have Plusnet drive the transfer with only a few hours downtime.

As has been mentioned ISP's (and many other organisations) are upskilling staff - ie using staff to answer the phone who are not necessarily experienced in that field - so there is often wrong or confusing information being given.

I , like many , have had the odd issue recently but have eventually got through on the BT contact numbers and had my issues resolved. Patience & understanding is key.

As an aside mention was made of cancelling a direct debit - that's a road to disaster so don't ever do that.

No one in this thread is a BT employee BTW.

I should add that the "Expert" rating is not necessarily skill/knowledge based but number of posts made afaik.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 25

@phil15 wrote:

This has already been pointed out, if you want to migrate to another provider , it’s not BT you would contact but the provider you want to move to, it’s them using the common ordering portal that will advise BT that you are off, you don’t need to contact BT at all.

I think that you're wrong here - my new provider has told me (as have others) that BT needs to be contacted by phone and advised that you are leaving otherwise you could be liable for charges. 

It is you and who ever told you that misinformation that is wrong

See this link from Ofcom about changing providers.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 25

your so wrong I was made redundant on Nov 30th with many to follow

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 25

Thats no excuse. Phone plusnet and you will have it answer
ed within 1 minute. I did that today twice and both times was answered within a minute
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

Phone BT & have it answered within 1 minute as well, I've done that recently

0 Ratings