cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Odisun
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

I want to replace my Smart Hub, know the configurations for the following hardware?

Go to solution

Hi,

I am looking to replace the smart hub as its just terrible. I am thinking about this modem and router combination. Will this work?

NETGEAR R7800-100UKS Nighthawk X4S AC2600

NETGEAR DM200-100EUS High-Speed Broadband DSL (VDSL/ADSL) Modem

I went on live chat but the person couldn't understand the difference between a modem and the router and told me to 'just to plug in the enther net cable and it will work'. Eventually he managed to figure out what I was saying and I should use my first and last name @btinternet.com with no password. However I do not think this correct and thought I would check on the forums wether it is possible to connect your own modem with my package "Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 2".

Thank you to anyone that can help me.

Kind Regards,

Matt

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: I want to replace my Smart Hub, know the configurations for the following hardware?

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

You could use either, or you could try this one, as I have posted fulll configuration details, and it will also work with BT YouView.

Cheap reliable replacement for home hub.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Re: I want to replace my Smart Hub, know the configurations for the following hardware?

Go to solution

Yes, you will need to put the DM200 into bridge mode. The settings you will require on the router are the username homehub@btbroadband.com and password BT.

0 Ratings
Odisun
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Nice one thank you! That is what I was after. Hope you have a great day!
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@licquorice  That would need two bits of kit when a combined unit would be neater. Just a thought...

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Agreed, but the Netgear is a bit swisher than the TP-Link Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Agreed, but the Netgear is a bit swisher than the TP-Link Smiley Wink

Probaby is, it just seem untidy to me.

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

You need to use both in combination, as is your intention. The NETGEAR DM200 is not a modem/router but just a DSL modem.

Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Unfortunately the DM200 is a Modem/Router.  Albeit a router with some limitations, not least being the fact it only has one LAN port.

If you look at page 69 of the DM200 user manual you will see how to disable the Router function.  This lets you configure the DM200 as a modem, disabling DHCP and NAT.