cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 40

I was 79 mb now 67

Go to solution

Last year with the beast from the east my Phone/BroadBand became in need of repair. It seems the melting sprang cables apart. 

OPen reach did their magic and loo and behold I enjoyed 79 and 19.9 speeds. This lasted for months but come last autumn speeds become progressively lower. Not just lower but dropping and reconneting every few days. Lowest was 56mB.

As if my magic. when my contract became due suddenly I was enjoying 67Mb and 19mb fairly constantly. Should I be gratefully or ask that the 79 mb of 9-10 months ago (which is possible) be restored. I notice BT now talk about 67 instead of 79 max.

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40

Re: I was 79 mb now 67

Go to solution

check to see if any line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

post stats from hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  delete number  

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 40

Go to solution

@IwasHappywrote:

Last year with the beast from the east my Phone/BroadBand became in need of repair. It seems the melting sprang cables apart. 

OPen reach did their magic and loo and behold I enjoyed 79 and 19.9 speeds. This lasted for months but come last autumn speeds become progressively lower. Not just lower but dropping and reconneting every few days. Lowest was 56mB.

As if my magic. when my contract became due suddenly I was enjoying 67Mb and 19mb fairly constantly. Should I be gratefully or ask that the 79 mb of 9-10 months ago (which is possible) be restored. I notice BT now talk about 67 instead of 79 max.

The roll out of ultrafast seems to be influencing these changes.    When I first subscribed to Superfast 2 it was a 76 Mbps service where Superfast 1 subscribers saw 38 Mbps service.   I am considering dropping to Superfast 1 subscription since it seems better value now it is 50 Mbps.    

There is no ultrafast available in my area but Superfast 2 just does not seem to be performing as well as it did.   

Was going try a "gaming" spec router but other Superfast 2 users have reported issues that BT are working with them on resolving,  there are known issues affecting QoS and management of network traffic, even though speed tests are good and diagnostics are healthy.       The current speed tests and diagnostics are not detecting or recording the issues, so am sure we can expect firmware updates for BT Smart Hub and Smart Hub 2

I too am used to seeing high seventy something with low ping and low jitter using speedtest.net browser speed test but have been seeing as low as thirty something with high ping and high packet loss in GeForce Now Network test and on screen streaming stats.     

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 40

Go to solution

I have stayed silent because my broad band has just been ridiculously variable. I managed 1 week at 67/19 then down to 39/15 and all points between for 2-5 days at a time. The ludicrous anticipated problems in BTs troubleshooter does not even begin to recognise such madness. Often it is network restarts not system but both equally.

The concept of 79 is a joke, they have my money and are now laughing at me. Is there no legal obligation to provide what I have signed up for. Please don’t blame Brexit and knife crime.

I hear comprensation is to be offered for some problems. It’s reliable speed I want and have paid for.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 40

Go to solution

@IwasHappy 

It would be useful/helpful if you posted the full connection stats from your HomeHub and the results from the BT Whole website that you were asked to post previously.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 40

Go to solution

@IwasHappywrote:

God, I wish I was that lucky Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 40

Go to solution

@IwasHappy 

it would be a great start if you posted the information I asked you for back in message 2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 40

Go to solution

Hi @IwasHappy  please can you post the information requested and also complete a speed test when your speeds are slow and post the results.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 40

Go to solution
Exchange ACOCKS GREEN is served by Cabinet 68 Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in Jumper High Low High Low VDSL Range A (Clean) 78.4 56.8 20 14.6 50.8 Available -- -- VDSL Range B (Impacted) 75.7 50.3 20 12.6 42.5 Available -- -- Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC FTTP Availability Date FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- -- ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date Left in Jumper WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available -- -- WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available -- -- ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available -- -- WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- Observed Speeds VDSL Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps) 39.99 Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps) 15.69 Observed Date 2019-04-01 Other Offerings Availability Date VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- Premise environment Status Bridge Tap N VRI N NTEFaceplate N Last Test Date 22-03-2019 FTTP is not available.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 40

Go to solution

That was not very clear

This is a quick overview of your BT Smart Hub's status.

Connection status:

BT Broadband /
BT Infinity /
BT Infinity 3 and 4 :

BT Infinity

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

29-Mar-2018

Serial number:

+084319+NQ61821557

Downstream sync speed: