cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 19

I would love to go Infinity but.......

Go to solution

......reading all of the problem posts here has sown the seed of doubt. Do I sign up for 18 months of disapointment or go ahead in the hope that, apart from the odd glitch, everything will run as expected?
Members input would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 19

Re: I would love to go Infinity but.......

Go to solution

FTTC isn'e exclusive to BT, they just name it Infinity. 

There are many people with problems and many without, this forum was aimed at helping people with problems.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

It would be nice to see some positive posts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@grasmith wrote:

It would be nice to see some positive posts.

There are some positive posts on this forum, although a rarity to say the least! As ryant says, this is a forum where people have there issues resolved or made known, you will not unfortunately see much goodness of Infinity or fibre optics on this forum, or any for that fact.

Technology has teething problems, no matter what it is. Some are just more unlucky than others in the service they receive, in my opinion, the service has been great and consistent.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

So, the bottom line is go for it and hope for the best.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

You could ask friends and family... would be your best option in my opinion.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@grasmith wrote:

So, the bottom line is go for it and hope for the best.

Wouldn'y say that at all, have you put your details into the checker to see what speeds you would get? https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

People come to most forums like this for help with a problem ..hence all the negatives but luckily those are a minority 🙂 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Checker shows 40Mbs+ download, but this is surely not relevant to my first post.

Reliability is the main concern both in operational functionality and customer service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Your best bet is to do some re-search into how far you are from fibre cab ! the closer you are the better speeds you get, also do some http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput to find your upto estimate before signing up to FTTC, it depends on your expectations of FTTC, I had 4Mbps download and 0.34 Mbps upload on ADSL Max I now have 28-30Mbps download and 5.6 upload on FTTC it's the best thing I have ever done in relation to BroadBand is move to BT infinity . 9 months into contract not one problem steady as a rock (fingers crossed for the next 9 months) Smiley LOL

0 Ratings