cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 52

IMAP changed to 200 message limit?

Up until last night I regularly ran an IMAP sync with my desktop email client (Windows Mail) so that I had a full copy/archive of all my emails covering several years on my PC.

Last night I ran the sync and EVERY folder has been cut down to 200 messages.

I've logged on via WebMail and all the historic messages are in place.

Anbody have further info/thoughts?

0 Ratings
51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 52

Re: IMAP changed to 200 message limit?

Aha!

This may be why I'm not seeing any 2015 e-mails (see the other thread).

My inbox locally contains 200 messages....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 52

Same for me.  Maximum is 200 in any folder.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 52

I also have the same problem. On thunderbird 31.7.0 it shrinks my Inbox down from previously thousands of emails to only the first 200, and then can't fetch any more - so I only see the first 200 (going back to 2013!). On windows live mail (whiich I don't normally use), it will fetch a new 200 each time you manually do a send/receive - so you can rebuild the folder locally, but impractical if you've got thousands of emails.

I also tried with a fresh install of thunderbird (on a virtual pc) and it downloaded 200 messages for every folder (not just the inbox).

Webmail is fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 52

I've checked with a couple of different mail clients and it's definitely on the BT/BT!Yahoo end of things.  Phone still downloading the latest emails but the traditional email clients on my PC are trying to get all of the messages (more than 200!)  **bleep** annoying.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 52

Just logged a fault with BT and there is apparently a problem effecting a number of BT!Yahoo mail accounts in this way.  Hopefully they'll get it resolved soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 52

The fault was on the BT Status page from around midday. I see it has now gone.

Has it been fixed? Not able to test at the moment.

If it has, I'm in for a BIG download session this evening to re-sync every folder Smiley Sad and so will lots of other people (who may not have even realised loads of emails were no longer in their client). I've found a few topics spread across the web with people who have noticed and been blaming thier client (of various varieties).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 52

Presumably this won't be the case for users with MS Outlook as their client as it stores a local copy as a .PST file.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 52

In case it helps...

My wife had the same problem, only 200 mails downloading into Outlook 2013 (Office 365).  I put her email account into my pc and it initially downloaded all the mails, but then all but 200 disappeared!  This is also running Outlook 2013 in Office 365.

All 800+ emails are present in webmail though.

I then signed up to the account on a Mac using Mac's mail program - no problem, 800+ emails in my inbox.

Not sure if this helps, but I suspect it's a configuration issue between BT and Outlook where something has been updated, but not sure where the problem lies.

I also have 220+ emails in my gmail inbox in Outlook.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 52

I have the problem on both my btinternet.com accounts.  It is fine with Macbook, iPHone and iPad, but outlook 2013 is only showing the latest email and then nothing for 3 weeks.  I've wasted hald a day trying to sort it.  When is BT going to sort it's email service out????

0 Ratings