cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 26

Re: INFINITY 1 UPDATE

my point is this...if in january..i was downloading at 29mb for nearly 2 month with upload speed of 6.5...my ip profile back then was 20mb-30mb         now in may..i get half my cable renewed and my speeds are stuck on 25mb.....my line is obviously capable of more than 25....anyway guys...another twist to the tale....bt just rang me..there not happy with my speeds..my noise margin and apparantly they did a line check and there is still noise on my line...they are now sending me another engineer next week..apparantly he is going to replace the other half of my cable....they agreed with me..all the engineer had to do..was fit a new line (1 piece) stright from pole in street..to my hall....so now ive got another engineer coming to replace the other half of my cable which is about 15 years old.....they offered to replace it all...1 piece...but it meant ripping out all the cable the guy just tacked to my walls etc...all this could of been sorted weeks ago...these engineers try to save a few mins...but in the long run..it takes longer....do u guys think next week..once the other half of my cable is replaced,,even tho its still going through a splitter cable..we should finally see some improvements ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

sorry it is not a splitter that is somethin else - what you describe as has already been said is a junction box which is quite normal and it is where the dropwire from the pole is joined to the internal wiring.

replacing the other pice of your cable will not in itself increase your connection speed.  if it is a broadband engineer then ask him to get your conenction at DLM reset after he has finished and that should bring back more speed but will not exceed the max attainable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 26

The box that joins my 2 cables is called dexgreen above ground dropwire closure

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 26

as I said it does not split anything it where the dropwire joins the internal wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 26

thanks for all your advice..especially molly....let u all know next week...how things went

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 26

cobra7 wrote:

my point is this...if in january..i was downloading at 29mb for nearly 2 month with upload speed of 6.5...my ip profile back then was 20mb-30mb        

You can check the downstream IP Profile by running the BT Wholesale Speed Test and clicking the Further Diagnostics button after the first test has completed. As I said earlier it should in theory be 96.79% of the current downstream sync rate (data rate in the HH5 stats).

....they agreed with me..all the engineer had to do..was fit a new line (1 piece) stright from pole in street..to my hall....

.....they offered to replace it all...1 piece...

I'd be surprised if Openreach would have done a single cable all the way to the master socket. Was that BT Consumer support staff offering that or Openreach?  Anyway, hope it works out next week. See what the engineer says.

0 Ratings