Message 32 of 420

Re: INFINITY Netwrok wide Issues.. - IMPORTANT

don't know what happened with that last post 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 420

Had Infinity since it went live here in the summer and this is the second time that they have crippled the network to 2 meg without saying anything to any customers. Caerphilly has dropped too now.

Had Infinity since it went live here in the summer and this is the second time that they have crippled the network to 2 meg without saying anything to any customers. Caerphilly has dropped too now.

Last time the call-center drones were all telling customers different thing to make it sound like they had an isolated case. But we found out it was NATIONWIDE!

Last time the call-center drones were all telling customers different thing to make it sound like they had an isolated case. But we found out it was NATIONWIDE!

Thread Here http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-INFINITY-Option-2-Slow-down-to-1-8-mb-use-only-12gb-total/t...

Thread Here http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-INFINITY-Option-2-Slow-down-to-1-8-mb-use-only-12gb-total/t...

It's disgracefull that a company as big as BT can s**t on it's customers like this. I cannot wait until my contract is up so I can switch to another ISP.

It's disgracefull that a company as big as BT can s**t on it's customers like this. I cannot wait until my contract is up so I can switch to another ISP.

:smileysad:

:smileysad:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 34 of 420

Anyone know our rights in this situation? In one month of having Infinity, I have been without service for two days, and now had three days of 2MB download speeds, with no communication from the company. So a sixth of my first month's subscription has been written off...

In 6 years of Sky, I reckon I lost a total of a week's access.

Is it foolish to suggest that BT should discount based on lost days?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 35 of 420

Luvkily I have till 7 pm tomorrow night to cancel my line. And it's a second line. Talktalk still working at 20mb.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 36 of 420

Is this forum moderated BTW ? Would be polite to have a official comment on the problems tather than deli just telling us it will be fixed in 4 hours. Yes it normally is fixed in four hours but then it's down again within half hour.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 420

Looks like alternate FTTC providers do not have this issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 38 of 420

I have just contacted BT and was told that there is a major exchange fault. So people are getting 1.2 - 2 MB connections max. It is not going to be fixed until Monday night, so peoples connections will come back during Tuesday.

I am getting a callback to check if mine problem is fixed and 2 days compensation for drop in service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 420

well one thing for sure it's not affecting me 🙂 mainly because BT won't supply infinity in south yorkshire so we're on the digital region network.

and unlike BT they are a lot quicker in resolving incidents like this

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 420

Stuart,

Can we please have the official BT response on this.

There's nothing on your broadband status pages advising that there's issues for Infinity customers.

If you posted something then it would reduce the amount of traffic on these forums!!

I upgraded from the BT Total Broadband Option 3 to BT Infinity Option 2 on Monday 6th December, and I'm now getting slower download speeds than before the 'upgrade'.  Not a happy customer Man Sad

:

0 Ratings