cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 161 of 420

Re: INFINITY Netwrok wide Issues.. - IMPORTANT

anyone calling i recommend dialling 150 pressing 4 for faults and getting through it literally took me 3 minutes.

How do you display your speeds for speedtest.net i tried copy forum link and direct link but they wont show

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1069566042.png[/IMG][/URL]

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 162 of 420

A definite whiff of throttling - low latency (24ms ping here) and high upload speeds?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 163 of 420

Grrrr, this is getting on my blo*dy nerves. Smiley Mad

I should have stayed with Sky BB, I got a constant speed if 3.5mb, now getting 2mb with Infinity !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 164 of 420

2MB for the fifth night in a row, and I've only had the service for three weeks. Got through quickly enough to support - but now I have to wait 24 hours for reply from Network Escalation Team (support guy couldn't tell me if there was a fault on the line after the 15 minute check... go figure...).

Apparently, cancellation is through the 'Options Team' (0800 800150), open from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday.

It must be fate: Sky popped the Anytime+ promo leaflet through my door this evening... only available to Sky Broadband subscribers. Guess I know what I'll be doing at 9am tomorrow.

Shame: when it ran at 37MB, it really was remarkable. But I can't justify £25 per month for lightning broadband when the house is empty. Shocking, BT - just **bleep** shocking.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 165 of 420

Getting so miffed with this problem that I actually bothered to login and post rather than just lurk on the forum... particularly after seeing it being suggested that these are just isolated incidents 🙂

Have lodged 3 fault reports in the last week - first 2 just said that this was a known issue and engineers were working overnight / over the weekend to fix it (which, at various points, it did seem fixed). Logged on again tonight, same issue - upload speed is fine at 8ish Mbit, download at between 1 and 2 Mbit (normally 30+ since it was installed a month ago).

Tonight was told there were no problems and appeared to have no record of my previous 2 calls. Was asked if my speed was really that slow, tried Speedtest, it crashed and mod then tookover my screen to try. Did get the satisfaction of 'hearing' him gasp when he finally got it to work and it came back at about 1.3Mbit :-).. he then went onto to try more tests..and the speedtest site crashed again 🙂

I'm told my case has now been passed on up to the engineers - we shall see.

But really, BT needs to sort out its communication on this problem.. whilst I can accept its not happening to everyone, there's now enough evidence to suggest its happening to a significant minority at the very least - several threads with this one being 16 pages long is NOT a few isolated cases.

Not looking for compensation, just want this sorted asap or at least recognition that there is a problem and that its being dealt with.

Scott

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 166 of 420

It is interesting that BT CraigS say it's not a wide spread issue and yet I haven't heard anyone from this forum and any other forum (the one start with think...) say their speed is normal... Actually does anyone know friends or family is on Infinity and ask them to do a test...

Whoever changed the throttling rule or BT's back bone just simply can't handle peak time traffice...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 167 of 420

BT can you please stop throttling your entire infinity customer base or you will quite quickly lose it to other ISP's. This is quite clearly not an isolated issue and 2MB seems a bit 'convenient' as soon as we hit peak time. What's the plan BT? Annoy everyone in the evenings then release some kind of package which isn't affected at peak time which costs double the amount? Shameful

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 168 of 420

22:23 Still 2meg Down 8meg up in Walsall ( Just under 60gig usage for this month ) ... £25 I don't think so !
I should have gone with Virgin and waited for them to supply fibre in my area ...
Oh... and it took 4 weeks to get connected after 3 appointments missed by BT and countless calls at my expense ... What am I doing ?!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 169 of 420

Just connected to Infinity last Friday.

I'm currently getting 36mb down and 8mb up........

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 170 of 420

Judging by the amount of posts on here tonight (and bearing in mind there will be many more who haven't posted or don't know about this forum or gave up trying to get through to report a fault), there must be thousands of 'isolated' incidents. What an amazing coincidence; I bet by coincidence we'll all be OK after midnight. Perhaps someone at BT could tell me what tomorrow nights lottery numbers will be Smiley Wink

And there's still NOTHING on the Service Status page - WHY NOT??

0 Ratings