cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddiemac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 181 of 420

Re: INFINITY Netwrok wide Issues.. - IMPORTANT

Amazing that a 1 post user's service is the only one on this forum working properly.  Mole plant me thinks.   

0 Ratings
alanchown
Contributor
Message 182 of 420

Well the good speedtest was timed and dated, so I don't think there is anything to suggest the post is anything but genuine, if that's what you were suggesting? Just means that not everybody is affected/

Alan
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 183 of 420

@1deaddj wrote:

Not a national situation? From Dunfermline, to Warwick, to London, to Northern Ireland?

Pages and pages of people from every far flung corner of the UK saying the same thing - throttled at 2MB at around 6pm.

How is that not national?

Hi.

My apologies. Croftie may have worked out the reason that TC is currently getting full speeds.

0 Ratings
Uktim69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 184 of 420

How long is the initial training period? I had infinity option 2 installed on Monday last week, and from Wednesday onwards I've had slow evening speeds. It was fine all weekend including evenings..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
1deaddj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 185 of 420

Mine was only activated this morning, so I am still in the training period, and I am getting 2MB (if this is what you mean by "TC").

0 Ratings
defrule
Beginner
Message 186 of 420

Ran a speed test a few minutes ago, download is at less than 2Mbps and upload is normally around 6-8Mbps.

Perhaps BT was never ready to handle fibre rollout.

I really can't believe I could upload faster than I could download.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 187 of 420

@1deaddj wrote:

Mine was only activated this morning, so I am still in the training period, and I am getting 2MB (if this is what you mean by "TC").

Ahh ... sorry. TC is the name of a poster with a picture file showing "proper" speeds at 10:29 this evening.

0 Ratings
george340
Aspiring Contributor
Message 188 of 420

0 Ratings
andybird456
Contributor
Message 189 of 420

weirdly... normally when i use speedtest.net it tells me to use maidenhead... as of last week when the problems started it is now telling to use morecombe

if i do use maidenhead i get the following and it seems to think basingstoke is 200 miles from maidenhead

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1069608484.png
0 Ratings
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 190 of 420

LOL they are smart , law give you 10 days to think about a product ,during that period you are totally free and without a penny fee to return the product.. i understand now why you need 10 days for the speed to stabilise ... im back on Bt infinity (unlimited package download and phonecall) during the first 10 days not a **Bleep** problems ... 10 days are over... and 2Mb everynight .. smart Bt really... but im lucky,im network admin and both my brothers are Lawyer... im monitoring and recording all the event since it started .. let see what gonna be their excuses if this is not fixed soon

when i think they allready talking about testing a superfast 400Mb/100Mb connection soon... LMAO goodluck

0 Ratings