Re: INFINITY Netwrok wide Issues.. - IMPORTANT

I've setup a group on

Facebook

0 Ratings
JamesEllis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 192 of 420

You know what!? I couldn't care less if this is a national problem or not.... ITS A BT problem!!! I don't want this to sound selfish but I couldn't really care 2 toots if someone in Scotland or London is experiencing problems.. I just know that I AM, and it's been a problem since the **bleep** thing was installed.

Im currently on my 2nd attempt at "infinity" after being disconnected for no reason... Still no one from BT can tell me why I was disconnected and had to wait best part of 2 weeks to get connected again. Line comes back on Friday after a 2 week wait... Goes off again sunday night.... Back on again Monday morning.... Off again Monday night...

Its no one else's problem but BT and they can't keep charging people good money and then refuse to give the service that customers are paying for... This has to be one of the worst services from an ISP I have ever had, just being narrowly pipped to the post by Bulldog....sorry no Pipex...... sorry Tiscali I think they changed their name to again... And I'm sure there's one or 2 of you who quite possibly have shared a similar experience to myself.

2 friggin meg ! I could get 4meg from standard ADSL

Yours Desperately

Yet another Angry customer (Manchester.... for what it's worth)

0 Ratings
bingo2385
Contributor
Message 193 of 420

Anyone on here taking part in the SamKnows Survey? http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_availability

My internet is also slow at around 2MB DL and 7.5MB UL.  Absolutely shocking considering i got it installed last Wednesday.

0 Ratings
Croftie
Aspiring Expert
Message 194 of 420

The training period is ten days, but can be a bit shorter or longer. Two weeks plus and your probably out of the training period.

So we have users both in and out of the training period getting reduced speeds and one person still in the training period getting normal speeds. Which could mean either it's not a national problem or BT have just unrestricting a small area as a test.

0 Ratings
hhhonlyfan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 195 of 420

Cheers rottie, i totally forgot how to do it. Heres mine again taken 20 minutes ago its above 2 meg lol

Barry Island South Wales for what its worth. All corners of U.K getting problems I wonder is it a fault, a DDOS attack or just simply the network cannot cope and BT arent fibre optic ready but instead rush out because Virgin Media have them running scared.

This is pathetic though Japan this week launched 1GIG fibre optic without issues yet BT cant do 40 MEG what hope is there for the 110MEG rollout that may happen next year?

0 Ratings
parsec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 196 of 420

It's got better - but not much! I wonder if lots of people have given up hammering speedtest and gone to bed?

Strange that there's been no mods posting on this thread!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
hhhonlyfan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 197 of 420

Just tested and now im getting this. so are BT plugging away or is it that its slowly coming back to normal now most people are fedup and gone to bed?

0 Ratings
Obsidian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 198 of 420

Only 35 minutes to go before our speeds mysteriously return to normal...

0 Ratings
UKNoD3
Regular
Message 199 of 420

Just thought i'd join up and let you all know that i had bt infinity due to be installed on 22nd of this month and i am currently with sky which i have had no issues with but was wanting *faster bandwidth.

Now i have decided to cancel and thank the fooking lord i did, i was watching the forums and waiting to see if this service could provide me with a constant fast reliable connection , looks like i am indeed lucky to have the option to get out now whilst i can. Also a lot of friends who have this **bleep**ty service are reporting dropout/disconnections of live messenger and other messaging apps with infinity.

It seems as though this broadband service is well and truly borked!!! @S

0 Ratings
Croftie
Aspiring Expert
Message 200 of 420

That's how the FUP throttleing behaves, slowly starts getting better from 11PM then it's completely lifted at 12AM or 12:30AM.

0 Ratings