cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 261 of 420

Re: INFINITY Netwrok wide Issues.. - IMPORTANT

Would any BT staff care to enlighten us as to the nature of the "technical fault"

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 262 of 420

Thanks Kerry. Unfortunately that's what I and many others were told the last time it happened & come 6pm it started again.

Are the engineers confident the fix is permanent this time?

0 Ratings
ncs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 263 of 420

Thats why I am asking as to the nature of the fault. If they cannot answer this in a satisfactory manner then BT are just buying another 24 hours of time before the press get hold of the story.

0 Ratings
andylong42
Contributor
Message 264 of 420

0 Ratings
ncs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 265 of 420

same fob off answer as given on this forum

0 Ratings
ncs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 266 of 420

Just had a call from BT and their rep told me that the service was being throttled between 6pm and midnight due to a technical problem which has now been resolved.

Mentioned compensation and the 16mb acceptable service limit.

He said that acceptable speed is measured by the sync speed and as my circuit remained in sync at over 38mb then they have delivered on the service. So they give you a ferarri but seize the brakes on it. Stinks

Lets see what 6pm brings

0 Ratings
Highlighted
shandogg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 267 of 420

well there is no were to hide tonight after they say it has been fixed. And no mention of compensation after almost a week of throttled speeds on which (going by the marketing campaign) seems to be the companies flagship service just now. I have alreay emailed watchdog about this so we will see tonight.
JamesEllis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 268 of 420

Robot Mad

dudes, I doubt that there was a technical fault at all... I'd put money on it.... Seriously I would.

the only "technical fault" there probably was, was their IT department trialing auto-throttling and put a decimal point in the wrong place which restricted us all... so "technical fault"? YEAH...... It's "Technically" their Fault for c*cking it up ....

I had the same spiel when i called to report that my broadband had been disconnected. after being told by 1 person that they didnt know why, got told by a second person that it was disconnected due to a fault. I asked them to go away and find out what the fault was and I could run it by my bro who is a BT Openreach engineer and works on Infinity.... Guess what!? Hung up on me and no call back... My bro says if there was an individual fault they wouldnt disconnect the fibre anyway and would fix the fault without doing that.. LIES LIES LIES

0 Ratings
andybird456
Contributor
Message 269 of 420

I've just been home at lunch and checked...  12mb download

this is a bit better than 2mb, but it is not the 38mb I had last week

Also, even though my throuput is being reported as improved on last night, browsing is slow, downloads hit 200k max and iPlayer is very choppy and iPlayerHD won't even start up.  Also also, speedtest.net is still reporting me as being near manchester and 200 miles from Maidenhead (I'm in Basingstoke), so something seriously wrong is happening with routing.

I called tech support at 11 and after 1 hour on hold they said they were putting me through to 2nd line support who then hung up on me.  30 minutes later 1st line called me back and asked if my problem had been solved (!?) so i told them what happened and they said they would get someone to call me back. Nearly 2 hours later and no call yet (but them I waited 3 days with no call back previously so why am I surprised).

0 Ratings
robo878
Expert
Message 270 of 420

Sorry about all the issues you have been having guys. For once I am happy to be on good old, slow DSLMax. LOL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer was helpful, please give me a star by clicking the star on the left hand side.

Thank you.
0 Ratings