cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andybird456
Contributor
Message 271 of 420

Re: INFINITY Netwrok wide Issues.. - IMPORTANT

BT just called me (in response to a billing ticket asking for a refund for lack of service) and before I could say "NO!!" they transfered me to Infinity tech support... this person then said that they are aware of the problem and that engineers are still working on it, give it 24 hours and they will call me back tomorrow.

In response to my request for a refund for lack of service they said that AFTER the problem is fixed (as engineers are still working on it), a supervisor would give me a call regarding compensation.

I suggest everybody raise a billing ticket asking for a refund for lack of service to stick your flag in the sand on this issue.

parsec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 272 of 420

Just had a call from a nice guy called Jamie(?) that assured me the issue has been resolved and was probably (he didn't have exact details) caused by usage throttling.

Let's see what happens at 6pm shall we? Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JamesEllis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 273 of 420

What number are you guys calling to log the fault please?

I didnt think there was any point calling up but i think I want to now.

Best to log billing ticket or tech one?

0 Ratings
1deaddj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 274 of 420

Register: BT accidentally chokes bandwidth to 'superfast' customers

BT has said sorry to subscribers to its "Infinity" packages, who have seen their "superfast" broadband connections slowed to a relative crawl in the evening recently.

It blamed the problems on a "technical fault", but did not provide any further details.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/12/14/bt_infinity_slowdown/

Let's see if the issue 'accidentally' returns again at 6pm!

0 Ratings
andybird456
Contributor
Message 275 of 420

I logged a billing ticket by going to bt.com, billing and then clicking "contact BT about billing"

which takes you to Contact > Billing

i then selected "a query about my BT Broadband Bill" and then "I have a query about my Broadband Rental" and then "email"

enter the basic details such as "how can I get a refund for lack of service - my BT infinity has been at less than 2mb for over 1 week now"  this will log it on Billing's system but they will also probably put you through to technical to talk to them about it (having it logged in both sets of system can't be a bad thing!)

someone will call you back and hopefully start you down the path... I can't guarentee you will end up getting a refund of any description, but I'm also sure that if you don't ask for one you definitely won't get one

0 Ratings
bendyone
Beginner
Message 276 of 420

They havent said sorry to me yet,

0 Ratings
markwill2112
Aspiring Contributor
Message 277 of 420

"BT has said sorry to subscribers to its "Infinity" packages, who have seen their "superfast" broadband connections slowed to a relative crawl in the evening recently."

Where? When? How? I have not receievd an apology nor seen one on the BT site.

Indeed, I wonder if they will be apologising again at 18:00 tonight!

0 Ratings
markwill2112
Aspiring Contributor
Message 278 of 420

I'll try that. To date I have just been sending an average four general complaints a day. I have never had to complian to one company so much in my life. BT is a disgrace!

0 Ratings
wolfmanii
Contributor
Message 279 of 420

Mine is faster at 23 Mb/s but not the 35 Mb/s that I had been getting for the last 2 months Smiley Sad

Repeated and now :

Not sure what is going on.

Now it's after 6.00 and :

0 Ratings
markyp
Beginner
Message 280 of 420

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test.jpg

I now have a Tweet from btcare telling me that it was a technical fault and this has now been fixed. Err....

0 Ratings