cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 291 of 420

Re: INFINITY Netwrok wide Issues.. - IMPORTANT

re: Maidenhead. That's simply Speedtest determining the best performance server to run your test against. I'm in Lisburn, NI yet it picks Manchester for my test by default. You can go into the preferences on speedtest.net and save whichever server you want as your default for testing.

Note that your closet server may not be your quickest. For example, I find Kingston Upon Hull, London, and Maidenhead to generally be my fastest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 292 of 420

Looks good here too, getting normal speeds again.. 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 293 of 420

Is there any chance of getting an explanation from BT as to what happened?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 294 of 420

Well, I am back up to full speed, so fairly happy. Though an explanation should be forthcoming from BT for the problems they caused AND the fact they so say were not aware of it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 295 of 420

Back up to speeds for the moment

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 296 of 420

back to full speed too. now only the msn issue to resolve

anyone else on infinity getting random disconnections from msn and other im clients ?

its definatelly the hub or connection causing it ive tried different pc's and get the same issues.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 297 of 420

BT still suck though!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 298 of 420

I'm seeing my speed test results drop down to around 15 to 20 meg right now (from my usual 32 meg which I was getting earlier this evening). Anybody else noticing a drop in speed test results?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 299 of 420

So far so good then 🙂 (still on 37mbps at the moment)

A lesson to be learned perhaps though; what was pretty much a PR disaster for BT could so easily have been avoided by being honest & keeping customers updated.

If the status service page (and phone lines) had said something like "there are currently major problems with Infinity nationwide but our engineers are working hard to resolve the issue, it will however be necessary to throttle speeds whilst repairs are being carried out to ensure a speedy resolution"  customers would at least know and would be far more understanding.

After all "It's good to talk" ....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 300 of 420

Just did a multi threaded download from Apple there as a quick test and was only getting 1.4MB per second instead of around 3.8MB that I would expect at full speed so definitely not running a full performance at the moment. Of course, network congestion could just be slowing things down temporarily. Let's wait and see..
0 Ratings