Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Croftie
Aspiring Expert
Message 401 of 420

Re: INFINITY Network wide Issues.. - IMPORTANT

@Damsonjam wrote:
Even though Infinity is far better than the measly 800k I used get here (no matter what!) I can only envy the speeds and consistency that some of you seem to be getting.. even though my profile is set at 37 Mb I've never ever seen higher than 22.9 (my all time high!) and it has been down to 1.52.. it varies widely even though it averaged out at 16.5..
Not being greedy but I wonder what my expectations should be for my 38 Mb line!

That does sound like your connecting via wireless G, where max speed would be about 22Mbits. If you havn't already try connecting with a cable and see what your speed is then.

0 Ratings
andybird456
Contributor
Message 402 of 420

my result tonight

5546Kb downstream

0 Ratings
wh1992
Beginner
Message 403 of 420

^ similar to you here (Sheffield)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1081046055.png

speed has dropped loads today, anyone having similar problems?

This is yesterdays:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1079451062.png

0 Ratings
spar
Aspiring Expert
Message 404 of 420

yes i am seeing simlar here in machester

peak time speed drops over 50% from 35 to 9 or 10 or 12 approx

we shouldnt expect this or allow bt to deliver this as an ok service

0 Ratings
deltron
Contributor
Message 405 of 420

Since about the 17th dec i've lost around 40% of my max speed,can't get above 23mb at any time and my ping has more than doubled.Had a solid connection for about 6 days now no improvement 😞
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 406 of 420

Hi Folks

Could anyone that is still having issues with their speed in the evenings drop me in an email please and I'll get this investigated for you.

I'll need your forum username your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send to the email address in my profile and mark FAO Craig please.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
andybird456
Contributor
Message 407 of 420

Craig, do you know if Sean is on holiday?   I have previously been in email contact with Sean in your team.

I had also been speaking to Steve in Tier 2 support who said he would talk to Tier 3 support and call me back on Tuesday this week, but I've not had a call back from Tier 2 and now Sean appears not to be replying to emails either (in the last 24 hours).

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 408 of 420

Hi andybird456,

No Sean is still here but I know he got in touch with the guys who are dealing and made sure things were moving the right way for you.  We'll pick up your last email and get back on the case, apologies for the hold up.

ta

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Micro666
Beginner
Message 409 of 420

Hi All,

I've raised this with BT support, but wonder if anyone on these forums is having a similar problem.

Basically I'm on BT Infinity Options 2, and I'm speed restricted during peak hours i.e. 5pm to midnight, to 2Mbps downstream. No problem at the rest of the time I'm running at 38Mbps Smiley Happy

Over the last few days, maybe a week, during off-peak hours, I am running at 38Mbps i.e. max speed. I've checked with a few speed testing sites, and I'm definitely getting max speed. Direct downloads come in at about 4MB/s.

Fine.

The problem I have is that I use a usenet client to download bits and pieces, and over the last few days, maybe a week, my usenet client, which is connected to GigaNews, now only downloads at a speed of about 100KB/s i.e. 100 kilobytes i.e. very very slow!!!

I've been using this usenet client, and giganews since September 2010, and prior to the last fews days / week,  I always got download speeds of about my max speed i.e. 38Mbps during off-peak hours.

I know that according to their Fair Use Policy BT do traffic shaping on P2P software from about 4pm to midnight weekdays, but for a start usenet is not P2P.

My usenet client is currently downloading right now at 47.6 kilobytes per second!! WTF!! Are BT traffic shaping usenet now? Usenet connects on Port 119 for those interested.

Anyone else here using usenet and giganews? If so how's your speed?

Regards,

Glenn

0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 410 of 420

Well, they do get it fixed eventually. Here are my latest stats and YES I was also at one time getting less than 2Mb. Hot 'VP' they said at my exchange. Whatever they did to fix it worked rather well:) 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 35900 Kbps 0 Kbps 38717 Kbps Max Achievable Speed > Download speedachieved during the test was - 35900 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-38717 Kbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is -38717 Kbps 2. Upstream Test: -provides background information. Upload Speed 8093 Kbps 0 Kbps 10000 Kbps Max Achievable Speed >Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8093 Kbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10000 Kbps
0 Ratings