cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Croftie
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 420

Re: INFINITY Netwrok wide Issues.. - IMPORTANT

Was just about to post about this, cheers.

Had 4-5 millisecond power outages today, PC and modem stayed on but since they happened download speed is just 2Mb, upload speed is unaffected and IP Profile is still at 38717/10000.

0 Ratings
bearhammer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 420

Well done for posting this, Was just about to get on the phone. Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Mad_scientist
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 420

isn't 2Mbps what they cap you at if you download more than 300Gb a month?......
0 Ratings
Croftie
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 420

@Mad_scientist wrote:
isn't 2Mbps what they cap you at if you download more than 300Gb a month?......

Good point, either the throttleing system has gone mad and capped everyone or BT have impossed a blanket cap to ensure at least some sort of access is maintained while they sort out the problem.

LesC
Expert
Message 15 of 420

Deafening silence from BT so far then on this 😉
vsxi
Beginner
Message 16 of 420

No fear: my nearest exchange is Altrincham and everything is now back to normal here:)

Best of luck to everyone else; although everyone elses should be working now as i has been four hours. 🙂
0 Ratings
Mad_scientist
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 420

speed mostly recovered for me 28 out of possible 38 Mbps
0 Ratings
Uktim69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 420

Hi,

Only had Infinity installed on Monday and worked great until yesterday when speeds dropped to 1Mb download from the normal 36Mb!  I was looking for a status update on the BT pages but couldn't find anything until I stumbled across this forum - are there are official status update pages for Infinity, as they provide this for normal broadband users, and it would save a lot of hassle and not knowing if its a localised problem or general.

Thanks

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 19 of 420

@Uktim69 wrote:

Hi,

Only had Infinity installed on Monday and worked great until yesterday when speeds dropped to 1Mb download from the normal 36Mb!  I was looking for a status update on the BT pages but couldn't find anything until I stumbled across this forum - are there are official status update pages for Infinity, as they provide this for normal broadband users, and it would save a lot of hassle and not knowing if its a localised problem or general.

Thanks

I agree; mine's back up to 37.5 again but would have been nice to have something official from BT about it. I even tried the broadband servce status line which mentioned a few (unrelated) local problems but no mention of the Infinity fault - just that all other services were fine...

0 Ratings
plodge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 420

It's collapsed again.

Funny how this happens at the start of the peak period ...

0 Ratings