cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shoot
Contributor
Message 1 of 33

INFINITY SLOWER SPEED

Hi hope someone can help had infinity 2 weeks now,it went of on friday today [monday] engineer came and after some messing about changed the fiber modem,he had changed it when first in but it made no difference so he got another make from van and this fixed the no internet light ie infinity was back on-problem is i was 50mb download but now i am 26mb-all this about let the line settle etc i just dont get all that,can someone please tell me whats going on,i get told so many different things surly it should be 50mb again-thank you

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
shoot
Contributor
Message 2 of 33

Re: INFINITY SLOWER SPEED

Sorry above message was written in a hurry,before going out a message sorry for the spelling mistakes

0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 3 of 33

If your connection has been interupted then the software that monitors your line, called DLM, will have reduced your IP profile to try and stabalise your connection. 

You ether wait and see if DLM putts your IP profile back up...which it might. Or you can phone BT and make a noise. I would have expected them to have reset your IP profile because it was a fault with the modem. 

0 Ratings
scottyg35
Contributor
Message 4 of 33

It can take up to 2 weeks for the dlm to come back up to speed. Your best off getting it reset.
0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 5 of 33

The engineer did reset it by phone, in saying that he never know what the message was asking him to do,he had to perform a something reset it failed 3 times so he had to phone manually,I told him it was only 26mb not 51mb he gave me a load of mince about line reseting,and after phoning India they said all will be fast in 24hrs,well guess what that was mince as well,then I get told on here can take 2 weeks to set to right speed WHY would it take that long ,when it was installed it was 51mb and 13mb up the second it was installed it never moved from this speed just had enough of this so on phone now to India,he said after 1min i will need an engineer it is obvious to anyone that this is not right,Infinity has been 5 days of fast connection and come saturday 8 days of hassle,will now have to wait till saturday wonder who will come to fix it MR BEAN perhaps

0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 6 of 33

Scotty it was reset please explain what you mean by reset,if you tell me I will remember if thats what the guy did.I honestly think this where the problem lies as in its not been reset-in my understanding with the fiber modem being broken the exchange would have seen this as a fault and dropped the speed over the 3 days it was down,so as you say it needed reset back to day one[right /wrong]
0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 7 of 33

Could it be that I was reset but he has set me as option 1 and not option 2 because upload and download are approx half of what they where

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 33

without seeing the results of the full BT diagnostic speedtest no one can tell http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 9 of 33

how do i save and post here

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 33

just copy and paste