cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shoot
Contributor
Message 11 of 33

Re: INFINITY SLOWER SPEED

tried that never worked ---did test then MORE DIAGNOSTICS then copied results but cant paste ,WILL TRY ONCE MORE BEFORE BED[ caps sorry]

0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 12 of 33

FAQ

Results Image not loadedGOT IT THIS TIME

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 28.71 Mbps

0 Mbps28.94 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 28.71 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-28.94 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 28.94 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 7.48 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.48Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
0 Ratings
Smir
Contributor
Message 13 of 33

how long you had the problem?? i would contact the forum mods, an suggest an Profile reset if it has been a while like this... if its <10 days you might not get anywhere..
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 33

Providing the DLM sees a stable connection given time the speed will start to increase on it's Own
0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 15 of 33

Well 3rd day now and its not changed one bit as I predicted,will just have to wait till saturday for a better engineer to fix it,

1.It was never reset

2.It was reset but something at exchange never worked

To be honest its still 27/7mb this is still good but its not what I pay for,so far all the BT horror stories are coming true,thanks for all the help but all this it takes time to settle is pants,when the engineer comes on saturday i bet he resets/fixes the problem and its back to 50/14mb in a split second and stays there,will i be eating humble pie time will tell--wil post on saturday to give result......thanks again

0 Ratings
scottyg35
Contributor
Message 16 of 33

The problem is with the quote your speed before you join they look at other people in the area to see what they have. They can't test the speed on the line till the equipment is installed as you need the modem in to get a true speed. Then you have to take in to account the distance from the cabinet to your house how good the telephone wire is too. The other point of it dropping if you are still in your 10 days they set your profile to max and it drops it to a speed you line can handle. Hope its not the case and its a fault that gets fixed and your speed comes back up.
0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 17 of 33

Just had the engineer here for 3 hrs,he said the line had 500 errors a minute,so something is wrong then he asked if there had been lightning here i told him yes last week as far as I know  he got line on his tester to say 35/7mb and said it would still be about 27mb DOWN, he was here for 3 hrs and did all he colud signed of the job and said a man will come sometime to search house area for fault,I asked if all was ok he said yes at least i have internet--------------TEST THEN I REBOOTED AND RETESTED, MY CONNECTION IS 2MB YES 2 MB 5MB SLOWER THAN ADSL- [edited this as connection is 29mb when maxed out on microsoft servers]

0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 18 of 33

One more thing on a more positive note I cant fault the Indian tech support,who do all they can to resolve the issue,I now have someone from BT/OPENREACH phoning me on Monday to book another appointment,this time its a level 2 engineer what ever that maybe,I take it this will be the person who can find the fault ie over 500 errors in 1 minute on line, Oh and line test goes from 2 to 7mb then to 5mb,btspeedtester and all others report these speeds,if i max out my connection Microsoft/Newsgroups its 29mb up from 27 but still not 50mb but this is because of the errors on line -------but why that is the question

0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 19 of 33

ITS NOW THE 22ND OF OCTOBER HAVE TO SAY BT IS THE BIGGEST PILE OF **bleep** I HAVE EVER CAME ACROSS IN MY LIFE SERVICE IS A JOKE ,BEEN ON THE PHONE TONIGHT FOR 1 HR WAITING FOR THEM TO ANSWER FUNNILY ENOUGH IF YOU DIAL FOR INFINITY TO BE ORDERED IT ANSWERS IN 20SECS,ONCE THROUGH TO SOME GUY IN WARINGTON HE SAYS HE WILL SORT OUT MY PROBLEM[HE PLAYS IRRITATING MUSIC] COMES BACK 2 TIMES TO SAY SORRY TO KEEP YOU WAITING AFTER 8MIN LINE GOES DEAD-------JUST LIKE BTs NEXT DIRECT DEBIT----------------------------cant take anymore of BTs **bleep** service tech support in India mean good but are just a waste of time,I had a manager from one of the centers phone me and give his unreserved apologizes for one of his men not helping me properly,told him there was no problem could not get him to understand all i was trying to do was explain to him men working outside my house in Liverpool will not help as live in Dalkeith outside Edinburgh, he then said I was to report him as he was failing me,they mean well but all this solves nothing---haven't got any patience left so when BT get no money they will soon contact me-----Totally disgusted customer if it was not for ADSL constantly disconnecting I would never have got INFINITY as I knew BT would be like this..they are totally useless,when you see how bad they are you realize why the rest of the world is so far ahead of us-cant put into words how disgusted and fed up I am over all this hassle infinity worked for 5 days then halved its speed and all i get is lie after lie after lie----------------CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I DELETE ALL POSTS AND MY ACCOUNT-------THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 20 of 33

sounds like you had an existing fault before infinity
at least you now know the fault is somewhere between the cabinet and your modem
0 Ratings