cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 21 of 26

Re: INFINITY UPGRADE TO 80MB ,WHY IS IT SHOWING NO INCREASE IN SPEED FOR ME?

Go to solution

When i first got infinity 1 installed i checked to see what speed i could get 

You are eligible for superfast BT Infinity. 32.5Mb download
5.9Mb upload

allthough once installed i got a steady 38mb down and 8mb up

once infinity 2 was released i checked to see what speed i could get and it stayed the same 32.5down 5.9up

took the risk to just upgrade anyway as i was only 6month into contract

now i get a steady 52down and 14up

so in my eyes there speed estitmate checker isnt working very well

Highlighted
Guru
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution
The checker is only based on typical lines like yours, however no line is the same. Also the checker speeds are normally conservative as well.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

@jaswinder05 wrote:

OK take that on board.

If this is the case I want to get the quality of the cable upgraded

Who do I  need to contact and what steps do  I need to take  to enable me to get a similar service to my neighbour?

We are connected to the same cabinet live 10 meters away fro each other door to door , I RECIEVE 38MB DOWNLOAD AND 5.9MB UPLOAD NO INCREASE TO MY EXCISTING SERVICE

My neighbour is quoted 55mb download and 10.9 upload

THere is no way there should be that much difference

There is a mistake somewhere.

Please 1 of the mods is there a way to increase my line profile to 80MB without  extending my contract for now ,to trial if I can recieve the new speeds.

If you have enough money Openreach will probably replace it for you. They won't do it unless the cable doesn't pass a certain standard for telephony (which it does as your line is working) as Openreach are only obliged to provide a working telephone service.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

Mutly I suspect like your service mine has been quoted incorrectly on the speed available database.

However unlike your contract my contract has less than 2 months before IT EXPIRES .I had originally signed a 18month deal so Iam very reluctant to renew another 18month contract because that is what automatically happens if I decide to give it a go like you did.

I need to be sure that the service is available and if not what needs to be done so that it is.

Webby

hopefully one of the MOD team will contact me and I will DEFINATELY pursue the option even if its a cost to me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution
Good luck matey 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

Hi

A few months on I wanted to give everyone a update.

My download speed is 66MB was 36MB

My upload speed is     15MB was 6MB

After weeks of investigating why I could NOT RECIEVE THE bt infinity upgrade it was discovered through the help of wonderful BT staff, openreach engineers via freinds/facebook that my DP pole was a aluminium connection, aswell as taking a longer route to the cabinet giving me half the speed of my neighbour who obviously was connected to a different dp pole but were/are connected to the same cabinet.

Well in the very near future Iam having a extension to my house meaning I would need to run all my cabling through the other side of my house making my neighbours DP pole the closer to my property.WIN WIN!

Now  I was able to contact openreach who in turn  PROVIDED ME ESTIMATE FOR THE WORK TO BE CARRIED OUT.

It was not cheap but can you put a price on happiness?

0 Ratings