cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soupladel
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

IP Packet Fragmentation warning n PS4

So I knwo there was a thread previously on this subject that was locked but it was long and frnakly, i dont think there was a solution in that particular case.

I just got switched to Infinity 2 today and my PS4 is warning me as per title that my router might not support IP Packet Fragmentation, is this just "one of those things" with the HH5, or is it something i can change within the settings to make the two play nicely?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
SimonN
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: IP Packet Fragmentation warning n PS4

0 Ratings
soupladel
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yeah, that's the thread I was referring to in my post.

to make this very short, my issue is not the fault of my PS4 nor PSN for one fairly undeniable reason - it wasn't an issue until I swapped from my Netgear modem/router to the HH5, which is sadly the A variant.

0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I fixed it. I binned the hh5a. I had other reasons for wanting to as well but the investment was worth it to me. It's a hh5a issue. Nothing to do with game servers or the like. Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it's a duck.
0 Ratings
soupladel
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

yeah i was already arriving at that conclusion but I have other more important expenses this month which will prevent me from going 3rd party, so I was hoping i could make do, but I think i will just need to bite the bullet.

What did you go for in the end, i have been looking at one of the Netgear Nighthawk, probably the D7000
0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Yep. Got the R7000. I have the Openreach modem so just wanted the router part.
0 Ratings