Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

IP Phone issues with Home Hub 5 & Infinity

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help with this issue.

I have an IP phone that I use to work from home that is part of my companies Phone system.

I have used this phone successfully through other Broadband suppliers and it still does. I also help configure them for other home workers so I generally find a way to get them working.

I have recently moved and we now have a BT Home Hub 5 with Infinity. Additionally my company have a BT Business Hub 5 so I generally know my way around the device. I have the phone setup and have also opened ports that I normally open when setting the IP phones up for our other home workers to no success. The phone gets an IP (I have also tried static) from the HH5 but I get a SIP error "SIP Server Not Found". I have had this issue before and have always disabled SIP ALG in the home workers router which normally fixes the issue. I know this setting exists in the business version of the hub because i can access it at work, however the home hub does not have this setting (unless it does and it is hidden).

Has anyone had a similar issue? does anyone know if it is SIP ALG and if so how to turn it off?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: IP Phone issues with Home Hub 5 & Infinity

The HH5 is much more locked down than the business Hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: IP Phone issues with Home Hub 5 & Infinity

I would have thought there would still be a way of accessing it or changing it.

I can understand why things are hidden etc.

0 Ratings