Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 91 of 104

Re: IP Profile and broadband speed keeps dropping

if you don't have any extension phone sockets in other rooms then there is little difference between the master socket and the test socket.  also if that is the case removing the bellwire or fitting an iplate won't help much either

if no extensions then connecting as per last diagram is next step

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 92 of 104

Am I right in saying that the extension to my 3 handset phone base station and Sky box , as shown in the sketch, is NOT considered as an extension into another room.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 93 of 104

that's right as they are connected to the master via a cable extension.  it's only if you have extension sockets in other rooms whether in use or not do you need a filtered faceplate or to remove the bellwire or both

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 94 of 104

OK then, since I have do not have extensions to other rooms then I do not need to disconnect the  bell wire (or fit an I-plate) or  to fit a filtered faceplate. 

I will just connect the DSL filter into the master socket (Not the test socket) and then the Home Hub 3 plus the extension (to the Phone base station and Sky Box) into the DSL Filter.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 95 of 104

yes as per your last diagram and my original suggestion

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 96 of 104

Surprised to see that my hub seems to have restarted overnight as I was hoping to have a few days continuous connection before making the changes.

Just to update, the following data has changed after the overnight restart.

Connection time 2 days 03:07:56  down to 0 days 17:13:02 ;                                             .   

Noise margin from 12.7 to 12.0db ;                                                                                                                       

Connection speed 3.281 Mbps  up to 3.313Mbps ;                                                                                                                 

Line Attenuation  51.6dB/30.5dB to 51.5dB/30.5dB ;                                                                                                 

Output Power 18.8dBm/12.4dBm to 18.7dBm /12.4dBm)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 97 of 104

good thing is stats have come back to similar before reset.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 98 of 104

That's what I thought, but I really would like to have a few days continuous connection before I power down and make the setup changes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 99 of 104

whatever suits you - there is no rush

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 100 of 104

Have been running on the following set up for 3 days without disconnection:-

CIMG0010.JPG

Stats & speed have remained much the same:- Download speed 2235Kbps-2301Kbps; IP Profile 2500Kbps;  Connection speed 3.313Mbps; Noise Margin 12.4dB-13.4dB.

This morning I powered down the hub and changed my set up to the following as recommended.

CIMG0009.JPG

Unfortunately when I made a call to my home landline it would not ring. The Phone will ring if directly connected to the master socket, but not through the filter.

I have changed my setup back to that of the last 3 days and so far speed and Stats are fairly much the same as that before.

0 Ratings