Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CherryB
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

IP Profile appears stuck?

We had a huge storm in the area before Christmas and the lines were fried so there were BT vans around for a full two weeks repairing them.  During this time we had broadband but very slow.  When the BT vans left for Christmas our broadband shot up from below 1mg to 3.7mg - happy bunnies.  After Christmas we saw more work was being carried out and we were back down to below .5mg.  I have reported it today and was told the fault on the line has been fixed today and my stats all look good so problem should be fixed.  It isn't and when I just ran the BT line test I can see the IP profile is still at 135kbps - is it stuck or does it mean the fault has not been fixed? (Stats below)

Download speedachieved during the test was - 80 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4896 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

Hub Stats

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 03:50:51
Downstream:4.781 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):5.7 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):49.6 dB / 23.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.3 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):27442055 / 1653
CRC Events (Down/Up):38877 / 1667
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: IP Profile appears stuck?

The connection rate is good and the circuit has been connected for almost 4 hours.

It can take up to 72 hours for the profile to change however it'll probably be quicker than that given the large gap between the current profile and current connection rate. Contact the mods after 72 hours if it hasn't improved.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings