Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
raymie67
Expert
Message 21 of 27

Re: IP Profile change methods

Read the diagram wrong what I was reading is 1 + 2 was actually 12 and so there is no sign of the work being in the plan for this quarter (does not mean it is not there, the plan is only for outages)

Actually looking at the BT wholesale website there is a link to planned works (this weeks not there yet) and a sheer guess would be that the 88.2 update may be part of the EFM code upgrade in which case the status last Monday was 692 of 730 update batches complete and a planned end date of June (highly subject to changing).

May not be that upgrade but it is the only 20CN one I could see that is below bRAS level, also seems to imply you may see a 15-30 minute outage when the update is made (which I have not seen yet for any reason) which is interesting to note.

if it is this work then it also says that there are 80-100 batches done per week,

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Network_Info/Planned_Engineering_Works__Weekly_Comms_Plan.h...

Obvioulsy this could a total red herring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 27

just reading your last post another thought may be that the change is only 21CN upgraded exchanges but can't think why it would be limited.

need to find someone on 20CN up to 8mb with new profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 23 of 27

That's pretty miuch why I am looking for a timescale, it took me years to get the adaptive max profile, my exchange has no CN21 upgrade listed and only seems to serve 700 connections so is pretty small and may be missed, however will be looking out to see if I get a short outage at some stage between 00:01 and 2:00am later this month.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 24 of 27

Hello guys,

I just found this thread by accident when searching.

I have noticed fairly recently that there have been change to the way the IP Profile system works and noticed that I no longer have to wait 3 days for my IP Profile to increase (My IP Profile usually increases more or less instantly now)

I have also noticed that I can re-sync my ADSL2 connection a lot more now without worrying about the exchange DLM capping connection down to nothing.

The same thing when it comes down to connection drop out issues.

Usually before, if you had a round about 3 or more bad connection drop outs, sometimes even 2 in one day within a certain time, the DLM would kick in and cap your connection.

Does this mean my exchange is using Adaptive Max and so I must be using it now?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

the only thing that's change is the profile system where you now get a profile of 88.2% of connection speed and immediate change.  A few resets/disconnections in a sort space of time will still end up with a higher noise margin and a drop in speed.  If you are on 21CN adsl2/2+ and resets happen often due to probably noise then you could easily end up in a banded profile until you connection stabilises. 

it will take about 3 days after stabilisation before you get released from the banded profile 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 26 of 27

just heard from wholesale (a technical hellpdesk that actually replies, a rariety!). As far as they are aware there is no work planned to update my exchange for the new profile method. They are away to check with another area but the one responsible for that update (so wholesale say) said there are no plans.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 27

so either your unlucky, your exchange is to small or it's maybe only 21CN exchanges

0 Ratings