cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

IP Profile is at 9.67

My BT Infinity speed has dropped to 9mb it used to be 15MB is have just run a speedtest on BT Speedtest and it says the IP profile is 9.67 which explains why my download speed is 9MB. Why has the IP Profile dropped and how do I get it up to get the 15MB download speeds that I used to get.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: IP Profile is at 9.67

I was under the illusion that BT would not give a customer Infinity if there download rate was below 15Mbps when they Join BT Inifinty, But seems you were able to get 15Mbps right on the border line.

Can I ask when you noticed the drop of your IP Profile ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Four days ago. We have had infinity since march..We live 1.2 miles away from the cab BT estimated 17mbps and we got 15mbps. Which is a lot better than the cab 700kbps we used to get.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 11

I would like you to look at this chart, you are 1931 meters from the CAB (1.2 miles)

Fibre Table.GIF

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 11

well 9000 kbps is way better than 700 Kbps but looking at the chart you are lucky you even got Fibre

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

But for the last four months we have had 15mbps 24/7.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 11

Ok you may need to reset the VDSL2 modem (the White one)  to get you back to where you were four days ago,

Do this between 1pm and 2 pm and if this does not increase the Download Speed you will need to contact  BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Line conditions change
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Would this be a permanent speed change?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I have reset VDSL2 modem and restarted the HH3 now all lights are on modem and HH3 but no internet.
0 Ratings