Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
EagleEyes
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

IP Profile is stuck much lower than previous to upgrade

Go to solution

Hopefully I can get some help here, I'm currently using a Business Broadband connection through Orange, which has recently been moved off to a BT backend service as an upgrade. However this has turned out to be a downgrade as the line has settled to a much lower dowstream speed than I was previously getting - from 2.5Mb to 1.6Mb.

During the 10 days after the upgrade the line went up to 2.9Mb for 2 days without any issue, ping dropped significantly on test sites. During day 3 the link became very unstable after dropping to 2Mb and required the router to be reset on a regular basis as there was link but no internet available.

Ideally I'd like to have the service reset/ip profile reset to see if the line improves but Orange support are telling me that BT will not do this as the line is within limits, which given the porr connectivity now, is totally unacceptable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, oh and from the Orange forums, this is a common issue currently!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: IP Profile is stuck much lower than previous to upgrade

Go to solution

this forum is for BT broadband customers and the problem you have need your ISP to sort it out with BT wholesale.  The BT retail on this forum is an ISP just like Orange and therefore has no control over your connection - sorry

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
EagleEyes
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: IP Profile is stuck much lower than previous to upgrade

Go to solution

It was worth a try as I'm at a point where I need to move away from my current ISP, which may be my only option. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings