Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valendahl1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

IP Profile issue

Hello everyone,

I have a little issue yet to be resolvedby BT tech support or complaints team so i though i wouls look to help or advice here.

A couple of weeks ago i had a engineer visit regarding slow speed (currently 14.8mb i used to get 17.8mb with sky), and was told i was on a 55/10 profile.  I am aware that i am a fair distance to cabinet approx 1.3km and was advised a 40/10 profile would suit me better, engineer spoke to dcoe to confirm this and was told the same by them as i overheard conversation. i later spoke to tech team to confirm this information and was tols should come into effect within next 48hrs.

Few days go by no change so i decide to raise this issue with tech team and i get put through to complaints team i explain my problem, i get a call few days later from complaints i say nothing has changed since well last spoke and within the hour my hub resynced to 18.2mb this lasted for two days, and it synced back to 14.8mb. the odd thing though is it resynced at 6am in the morning and i get email from complaints at 7pm the same day to claim my line is stable and that i am on the correct profile for inifinity 1 of 55/10.  I feel that they fail to listen to engineer recommendations it seem pointless to send them out if they ignore notes

can anyone shed any light on this issue, is going on 40/10 profile possible

I have included screenshot

Untitled.png

Untitled 2.png

Untitled3.png

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: IP Profile issue

It would appear that the engineer you spoke to does not know what he is talking about. Infinity 1 is now a 55/10 package. There is no 40/10 package.

In any event it would not matter which one you were on even if you could choose. According to your stats, your line can only support a stable speed of just under 16Mbps which is more or less within the estimated speed range for your line.

0 Ratings
Valendahl1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Utter rubbish you say engineer doesn't have a clue, so if i hear a conversation with dcoe and they also claim 40/10 profile is ideal due to line length. who is telling porkies?

just your typical bt support rubbish. all parties involved tech support and complaints can't communicate with each other and have been told so much **bleep**. 

I joined over a year ago i can assume on a 40/10 profile, and they feel with advancements that most people can benefit from 55/10 profile will i can assure i haven't due to line length, maybe they can give a little customer sattifaction and maybe bt might improve it's customer service rating compared to most other ISP 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

As already pointed out there is only the 55/10 package & in reality the only change from the 40/10 (& indeed the original 40/2) package was a lifting of the upper limit of 40 to 55. There were no changes that would in anyway affect you if you were nowhere near the original upper limit.

Indeed if they put you on infinity 2 (76/20) they are only raising the upper limits of your connection, again no other changes.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

The only difference between a 40/10 and 55/10 "profile" is a software cap. You use exactly the same line regardless of what package you are on whether that be Infinity 1 on the old 40/10 package or the "new" 55/10 package or Infinity 2 which is the 78/20 package.

If the software cap was lifted and your line was able to exceed 40Mbps it would have benefited when BT raised the software cap. As has already been pointed out, your line can not get anywhere near either of those top software caps so it could not benefit and due to your line length there is no way possible for you to benefit no matter what anybody tells you.

It does not mean that any body has been telling you "porkies", what it does mean is that they don't have any idea what they are talking about.

0 Ratings