Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ghostlyy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

IP Profile of 0.25Mbps.

Go to solution

I've had an issue with some disconnections recently, but they've since sorted themselves out. I haven't had my IP profile improve whatsoever, and I'm wondering if I could get it increased before the inevitable period of inactivity the few days after Christmas. 0.25Mbps is... a challenge to work with, at best, and sure ain't a fraction of what's being paid for.

As you can see, I have a slightly higher than normal noise margin, but... it doesn't quite justify 0.25Mbps when I usually have 8Mbps, before the issues of the line dropping started. I would appreciate any help. As a side note, this is connected to the test socket in the house and the noise seems to be... an external issue rather than one in the house.

Edit: I forgot to mention there's no notable noise on the quiet line test.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: IP Profile of 0.25Mbps.

Go to solution

if you have now fixed the noise problem which caused all your disconnections then you need to remain connected 24/7 for 3/5 days and what looks like a banded profile should release with a drop in noise margin and increase in speed.

your profile is 88.2% of your connection speed so higher connection speed the higher the profile - not the other way round.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

If you leave it alone for a few more days, the connection speed will increase, with a corresponding decrease in the default SNR.

You are in the lowest banded profile, so it should recover quite quickly, provided you do not disconnect or restart the home hub.

A high noise margin does not mean there is noise, it simply means that there is potential for a better connection speed.

0 Ratings
Ghostlyy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Alright, cheers. I forgot if it was a matter of being reset manually or being lifted over time with no disconnections. Thanks again.
0 Ratings