Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daddyt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

IP Profile reset process?

Go to solution

Hi - a couple of weeks ago, I asked to have my infinity option 2 speed doubled and was told this would take place 1st August. If I check the "My BT" page, it confirms that I should have the "up to 76mb" option. However, there has been no change noticed at my end - dl are still a constant 37Mb (I live pretty close to our cabinet).

I spoke to an agent on the web-chat service last Saturday (3rd) and they confirmed that I should be seeing double the speed and should call 0800 800150 on Sunday (4th) to ask for my "Profile to be reset". I did this and they suggested giving it 2 or 3 days. Well here I am a week later and still no improvement.

Does anyone know how I go about actually getting my IP profile reset?

Many thanks

Frank

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: IP Profile reset process?

Go to solution

Did you check what speed you would obtain before you ordered Infinity 2, just because it says upto 76Mbps does not mean that you will get that speed. Your line has to be able to support that speed.

Carry out a speed test using this speed tester and once you have done that use the diagnostic test and report back all the speeds including your IP profile for both up and down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
an profile can only be carried out by Openreach and then only after an engineer visit even then Openreach may not reset the profile as they prefer the DLM to manage the connection automatically providing the cause of the drop is now resolved a stable connection for 2/3 weeks will see the DLM start to release the connection
0 Ratings
daddyt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Hi - thanks for taking the time to reply... IIRC, the line advisor said around 60Mb

Current diagnostic values are:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 37.68 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-38.72 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.72 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.22Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

Regards

Frank

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

As you suspected you are still on Infinity 1 profile. You need to contact BT and tell them that as you are now on Infinity 2  they need to lift the Infinity 1 cap and put you onto Infinity 2.

As far as I am aware this is a remote change and does not require an engineer but I could be wrong about that.

john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
correct an infinity 1 profile it is a remote setting as posted recontact BT sales and say you ordered infinity 2 and are still on infinity 1
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

daddyt,

You have not been updated to Infintity 2 as if you had your upstream IP profile would show as 20Mbps.

It is still at 10Mbps,that means that you have not yet been updated.

Also if your estimate was about 60Mbps downstream then that IP profile should be very near that figure.

daddyt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

wow - you guys are quick...

I've just checked "My BT" page again and it says that I have "BT Infinity Option 2" - does that mean something different to "Infinity 2"?

Thanks again

Frank

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Nope, it's the same. you need to phone them tomorrow to have it changed.

0 Ratings
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

There is no ip profile reset process, its reset everytime the ppp connections is reestablished.

Maybe you mean the DLM profile?

That requires a visiting engineer to do it.

0 Ratings