cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dc2tom
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

IP Profile reset required, stuck on 14.52mbps after line fault fixed. Infinity Option 2

Hi, my BT infinity option 2 used to run well at very close to 40mb. Since a line fault whereby my dial tone was missing, my broadband speed dropped. I was visited by an engineer this time last week, who fixed the line fault.

My IP profile is still stuck at 14.52 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed, of which I am running at around 11mbps.

During this time, I have also signed up to have my speed doubled. This is obviously unacceptable.

Now that the fault has gone, I understand the profile should return to something much faster-hopefully well above my original 40mbps!

I have posted this so I can report it to the mods.

Thanks,Tom

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: IP Profile reset required, stuck on 14.52mbps after line fault fixed. Infinity Option 2

Hi and welcome to the forum, normally i wouldn't suggest this but have your rebooted your modem and router, sometimes this has fixed the issue for some people.

Could you also run a B.T Speedtest, http://www.speedtester.bt.com, this will help you with the mods as they can take a look at your profile.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
dc2tom
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Re: IP Profile reset required, stuck on 14.52mbps after line fault fixed. Infinity Option 2

Hi,

I have been rebooting them every day at about this time to see if it makes any difference. Still stuck at the same IP profile of 14.52mbps. This is the BT speed tester that I am using , although I similar results using www.speedtest.net.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 8

When did your order for Infinity 2 go through? It may well be that your still in the 10 day stabilisation period which lots of users have seen decreased speeds before settling to a higher speed near their estimations, also for which some haven't either.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
dc2tom
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi, I placed the order on the 18th of April.

The fault with my line was fixed on the same day.

I was stuck on 14.52mbps for a while before the line fault was fixed, it doesn't seem anything has changed (except that I can use my landline now :))

Prior to the fault I was easily getting close to the 40mbps that option 2 used to offer me. 

Am I best just sitting tight until the 10 days are up?

Thanks, Tom

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You need to leave it as it is, resetting will only make it worse.

Once DLM is happy your line is stable it'll remove what's most likely a banded profile on your line. This can take a week or 2 though!

Openreach won't allow DLM to be reset by ISP's.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dc2tom
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

It's creeping upwards now; but still very much lower than the 70+mbps I've signed up for..

#

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 15 Mbps

0 Mbps21.68 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 15 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-21.68 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 21.68 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 6.81 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.81Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

just a matter of being patient and letting the DLM do its job as Webby has said resetting is just making it worse
0 Ratings