cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

IP Profile stuck at 2 Mbps

Go to solution

Hi, I am new to the forum and I am having trouble with a stuck IP Profile.  I noticed that my speed seemed to have dropped recently, so I ran a Speed Test.  My sync speed is nearly always at 3.78 Mbps, and my IP Profile always used to be 3 Mbps as it should be for this sync speed.  It has not gone up in the last few days, so I reckon it's been stuck for some time.  My target SNR is still 6db (determined from SNR reading just after connection), so nothing has changed there.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.68 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3.78 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

In addition, I notice that I am now on Fast Path, whereas I have always previously been on Interleaved.

Is it possible to get support for this via this forum, or should I contact Tech Support?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: IP Profile stuck at 2 Mbps

Go to solution

as you are still on the old system for profile it would normally correct itself but you need to remayin connected 24/7 for 3/5 days. 

check profile

this wil show correct profile for your connection speed which is not stuck like others on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Please can you tell me what the 'old' and 'new' system are? The link you gave me confirms that my IP Profile should be 3 Mbps, and I have been synced successfully for some days. Prior to that, when I first noticed the problem, I had been stable for weeks!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

the new profile system for 21cn is 88.2% of your connection speed whereas your profile is on a schedule basis depending on a connection speed band as per the link I provided.

if your connection has been stable can you post the adsl stats from your router including connection time.  if more than 5 days then you need mod help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm not clear why my connection would have changed from Interleaved to Fast Path. I've never seen that before.

Unfortunately I did a reset a couple of days ago, to see what SNR I connected with. I guess I could wait if I have to. Is it not possible to request a reset without 5 days stats?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

your profile should reset itself automatically provided you maintain connection for 3/5 days maybe sooner. there should be no need for manual intervention in your case just stable connection

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Yes I agree, but as I said in my first post this did not happen, which is why I started investigating.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

just a matter of waiting for the automatic system to reset your profile

if you want more help I would suggest you post the adsl stats from your router including the errors and forum members will be able to offer more help

Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
I decided to disconnect the router that I normally use (as it connects at a slightly better rate than the Homehub), and connect the HH (which produces more meaningful stats).

The HH had not been connected for quite a while, and on the second night it downloaded a firmware update. At that time it also seems that the line settings were reset (could just be coincidence), and my IP profile is now back at 3 Mbps. So I'm sorted now. Thanks.
0 Ratings