Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

IP Profile

Go to solution

Hi!

I did a speedtest earlier which told me the following

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

<script type="text/javascript">// paintProgressAndMessageOnBar(100,"The test has successfully completed"); // </script> Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
5565 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 5565 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :7616 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 6000 Kbps

Can anyone tell me why my IP Profile is 6000Kbps  and yet my Max Achieve rate 7150Kbps?

Also if the exchange was capable of dishing out 20megs would my Profile remain as it is?

I live up to my name! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: IP Profile

Go to solution

Hi  This website will explain your profile http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm  just look up your down sync and it will show you the profile.  If your exchange was upgraded then yes your profile would increase. you may require to agree another 12 month contract though

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Novice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Imjolly!

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

Hi  This website will explain your profile http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm  just look up your down sync and it will show you the profile.  If your exchange was upgraded then yes your profile would increase. you may require to agree another 12 month contract though

This is only true in part .... depending on your line's attenuation and line length.

ADSL2 is line adaptive like ADSLmax .... and some longer lines gain very little or anything from the switch to the "faster" product.

You'd need to check your attenuation first, and then test it in the equation.  😉

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

RogerB wrote

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This is only true in part .... depending on your line's attenuation and line length.

ADSL2 is line adaptive like ADSLmax .... and some longer lines gain very little or anything from the switch to the "faster" product.

You'd need to check your attenuation first, and then test it in the equation.  :smileywink:

"Technology is brilliant ... people cause madness ..."
______________________________________________________________________________________
I agree with RogerB but in your case with a down sync of 7616kbps according to the speedtester result you posted youwould benefit from an upgrade to ADSL2+

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I think I have basically the same problem -

IP profile has been stuck at 7150 with sync. speed of 9716 for about 5 days now. CS say it will change automatically, I'm about 1 mile from the exchange and on ADSL2+ .

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 7350 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1000-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :9716 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 944 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 16.91:20.38:62.71 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

Ps, don't know where the smiley came from, I didn't put it there.

0 Ratings