cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

IP address appears to be outside the UK

Hi,
The IP addresses of my iPad and iPhone appear to be outside the UK when the devices and I have not left the country since I bought them. I have contacted Apple about this but they say that so long as the times of log in coincide with when I have logged in there is no need to be concerned. They do, so I stopped worrying.

However, BBC iPlayer has now stopped working on my iPad - although it worked fine from March to last Sunday. I keep being told to check my internet connection (It is fine.) BBC News Live tells me it is not available in my region. It was until Sunday. Strangely, it still works on my iPhone. ITV Player won't work either. It seems to think I am in another country.

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated. I have posted on the iPad forum but as yet had no reply.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: IP address appears to be outside the UK

Is this when you connect by wireless to your homehub or when using the 3G signal?

Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 14

Hi Katlinhil,

As well as what 

What Browser are you using on your iPhone & iPad? for example Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, ect..

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

When connected to home hub. I do not have a 3G connection on my iPad I assume it is the wi fi home hub on the iPhone, too as I don't think BBC iPlayer works on 3G - but i stand to be corrected on that.

I am having the same problem at my son's home, too - over 90 miles away from my home.

I discovered the IP address problem by looking at the details of my gmail account. my laptop appears to be in the UK but the iPhones and iPads seem to be in Turkey.

Many thanks for your interest.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

I am trying to use the BBC iPlayer app for iPad. The browser on the iPad is Safari. I am new to Apple stuff as my laptop and previous PCs have all been Windows.

Many thanks again for your interest.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

I notice that my posts appear to be from my mobile. They are in fact from my iPad.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

try restarting your hub just once to obtain a new IP address and see if that resolves your issue
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

that just shows your post is from a mobile device and not a broadband connection
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only. Find out why.
If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

This is the message I get if I try to access BBC iPlayer through Safari. BBC seems to acknowledge there is a problem. But I would like to know why my IP address suggests that I am in Turkey. I have a BT home Hub 2 at home.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Do as John has suggested, and also renew the IP address on your ipad and iphone. Go to Settings > Wifi > Locate your Homehub network and tap "Renew Lease". If that doesn't help you should "forget" the connection on the ipad/iphone, restart the device then remake the connection.

As regards the part on your post that says "posted from my mobile" that is just the site recognising it is from a mobile device, not necessarily a mobile phone.It is nothing to worry about.