cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 91 of 103

Re: IP fragment issue ps4/ps3

@MarkG33 Unfortunately, you cannot specifically ask for a HH5 Type B. It will just be whatever one is available when they make the order.

Why not just get a third party router which will work and is very unlikely to break? It'd save you a lot of hassle imo. 😕
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 92 of 103

I do not have the luxury to spend money on 3rd party equipment unfortunately and don't see why I'd need to at that.
The fact it changed without any intervention just shows BT did something.
Thanks anyhow.
Mark.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 93 of 103

@MarkG33 wrote:
Hey @kaufman
If this wasn't causing issues with Nat issues in COD & many other multiplayer games, giving me lag/lag spikes, slow downloads via psn, chat/party issues, live streaming issues, Spotify music streaming issues, Slow menu loading, PS store slow loading issues and many more I've noted down (Yes I have noted many issues since November.) I'd not be complaining. But that small list above is what I put up with on a daily basis.

If BT cannot find a resolution to this I'll demand a Type B whatever it takes, my PS + subscription is useless to me now thanks to BT and whatever the dickens has happened to the Type A hubs.
The only thing is it changed without my or other people's intervention even after the 2 recent psn problems it still persists. And still only on BT not on any other ISP...again. What a surprise.

Thanks anyhow you're lucky and lucky you have a functional online experience - Hopefully it will go as planned and pop that message up on the Type A.
I hope BT themselves (Not the mods.) Will be embarrassed as its taking forever for them to issue even a statement that there is an issue which there clearly is.

And two - They can do what you are doing and probably fix it in a couple of days. All they need is a Type A and Type B hub. PS4 or PS3 and do a connection test and see the Type A is consistently displaying the message. How difficult can it be for them?
Anyway I digress, hopefully soon enough they can themselves issue a fix. As it is coming up to the month mark now.
I am concerned from the silence actually. So if there is no resolution in sight I'd at least want a mod to allow us to get the chance to get a Type B hub. As if not I would like compensation due to the lack of functionality I've had for almost a month due to their hub as I've not changed anything that day that made drastic changes to my online gaming.

Mark.

I hear ya! I'd be fuming if I was contending with all that daily.

I think my experience with INFINITY has been good on the whole (been with them for a fair few years, started off with a HH3!) Through the years I've had no real issues with gaming, dl speeds in general.

The only thing that has been consistent is BBC iPlayer which always seems to buffer sporadically four or five times during a program on some days and then play perfectly on others.

This has been a problem since the HH3 and still continues with my HH5. I have read many people complaining on this forum though that BBC iPlayer and INFINITY are problematic. So I've learnt to live with it.

Strange thing is the first time I noticed this IP Fragment message was when I got a PS4. I had a HH3 at the time and consistently got this message when doing the connection test.

I had never noticed it previously on my PS3 though.

When I upgraded to the HH5 (very shortly after getting my PS4) I did the connection test and it was fine (No IP Frag message). I assumed that it was just that the HH3 was quite outdated.

It's frustrating and confusing that this issue has not been fixed by now though 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 94 of 103

I never had an issue until the 2 recent psn issues which soon turned into a BT one.

Up until that time in November it was fine, I never had this issue before (August was another story, which got fixed.)
BBC iPlayer I don't have issues with either. The only times I get issues is when BT have done something. So in terms of personal experience all has been fine until August and November.

As I always say I don't have any issue until something BT side had been messed around with. Without any intervention my hub which has remained untouched (The only thing changed is I use a static IP and DMZ set up for my PS4.) All of a sudden has rendered things practically useless.

My service still gives me excellent bandwidth and ping - The full 80/20 as I am close to the cabinet.
A recent speed test gave me -
74.83 down and 18.89 up and ping of 15ms to a server on the coast of France "Gravelines" server about 300 or so miles away.

The quality and bandwidth is there but this IP fragmentation issue won't be helping at all even if I had Google fibre - Since the packets will be needing to be reassembled constantly.

I have been on many isps over the years including virgin media (100Mbps.) TalkTalk, Sky and sister company plusnet but have always found BT to be great for gaming in my personal experience.
I have used the HH2 all the way to the current HH5 without encountering this issue just the recent months I've had such teeth grinding issues.

So all I will say right now is BT fix whatever you've tampered with as before that day in November it was sailing along fine.
And how you're still yet again the only ISP in the UK having issues on what so far seems to be one version of your equipment you need to look at it.
Plus the Type A HH5 is what many BT customers have and the Hub One on plusnet many will wonder why gaming is so bad.

My infinity 2 when it was working has been the best connection I've ever had up until recently. Please don't let it get out of hand now - I won't threaten to move ISP.
All I want is for it to be working as it used to be, what's the point in me having an 80/20 connection when its been rendered useless now due to something you've done?

I'm ranty again lol. I'm just surprised its been left out on the open for so long.

I'll just bow out of this for now. And take a break, infuriating is putting it lightly and is not describing my real thoughts. If I did I'd be banned from this forum quickly! 😛

Mark.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 95 of 103

Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry for the problems some of you are having when online gaming over the PlayStation Network (PSN). 

I can confirm that BT has fully investigated this issue on both the BT network and BT Home hubs.  We can confirm that there is nothing on the network side of things that would explain the problems you are having with PSN. 

An investigation into our Home hubs has also shown no cause which would explain the IP fragmentation issue.  We were able to replicate this problem briefly at our lab but the issue cleared without us taking any action and did not appear again.  Equally we have not been able to replicate the problem in the home environment either.

At this point we are satisfied that the IP fragmentation issue is not being caused by BT.  I appreciate this will come as a disappointment but we have exhausted all testing to come to this conclusion.

Cheers

Sean

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 103

What a load of Tommy Rot!
Waited all of that time for nothing great.
Did you do these tests on a PS4 or PS3 and do a connection test on the Type A and B?
Well what do we do!!!!??
Never mind whatever.
Just lock this sodding thread. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 97 of 103

Very disappointing news from BT.

Please don't lock this thread yet though as I wish to do a bit more experimentation with the type A and B routers.

Especially as there is no actual solution to this issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 98 of 103

Is it me or do I smell BS coming from BT? HOW did it just "go away?!" Surely you must know from replicating the problem on your side and seeing it first hand even just briefly, if thats the case surely you must have some insight into why its happened and judge from there the possibiltes on why it stopped for you, is this stuff not recorded and looked over?! Don't just say "Oh it just went away without any action" Don't believe that, doesn't sound like a throrough investigation to me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 99 of 103

I'm having these problems too
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 100 of 103

Yes don't lock this thread - I just was gob smacked with this statement from BT. I do also smell BS from them. How incompetent can these investigators be?

@Ysensei Welcome to the club. This has been happening since mid November enjoy the ride lol. We don't know what in the dickens is going on.

As I always say it's funny how it's only BT again. This morning messaged again my friends who are on Sky and virgin. Got 5 replies of no IP fragment message. One even said you should move to virgin lol. Only issue no cable here plus Sunderland is one of them over subscribed regions. 😛

I do believe BT could fix this if they actually looked properly. I think all the silence was them just saying just pretend we're doing something then just say there is no problem.
To be fair to be BT they lie quite well but not well enough. Next investigation should be why is it only BT having issues with psn with certain equipment supplied by...BT. It would be a start. : )

I am still getting this message and no fault of my own no less. So I demand a proper investigation or I'd like compensation for my PS+ subscription. Thanks to my perfectly working network changing without my intervention.

Also BT should communicate with Sony and see why they're the only ISP again having issues between their service and Sony. Seems simple for a huge telecommunications company...wishful thinking. 

Please stop BS'ing now! Ta very much! 😄

Mark.

0 Ratings