cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adlopa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

IP profile not restored to original value 10 days after fault repair

I've been getting consistent 65/15 (D/U) speeds with BT Infinity 2 since its installation in May, with an IP Profile (according to BT Speed test) of 77/20. 

IP-Before.jpg

A fault two weeks ago caused a complete loss of voice line and broadband service, with was then restored 10 days ago, with no explanation of the cause or solution.

Since then, my IP Profile has been stuck at 45/20, with D/U speeds of around 45/8. I've reset the modem a couple of times, with no effect, and the previous IP Profile obviously hasn't been restored. 

IP-After.jpg

I contacted the moderators here last week, which resulted in a call from BT's Infinity support team today. After politely rejecting the suggestion of the problem being caused by my router not being able to handle the line speed and an offer for paid support to reconfigure it (nice try, BT), I was transferred to a supervisor.

The supervisor confirmed that my line was capable of a maximum speed of 68/15, which matched the expected figures I was given when I first ordered the service — and the speeds I was getting before the fault. After some to'ing and fro'ing, he eventually suggested that he might be able to refer the problem to BT's "Level 2 network faults" team to investigate the problem. 

I have a callback scheduled for two days' time, so I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on the IP profile situation in the meantime..? Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: IP profile not restored to original value 10 days after fault repair

I also am having similar issues 3 disconnections the weekend of the 13th and profile was dropped from 69mb to 42mb and upoad speed dropped to 2mb  2 engineer visits one not needed found noise on the line which wasnt the original fault. Engineer put request in to reset profile but nothing yet after 1 week and no disconnections. Upload speed back to 14mb. Dare not ring them in Mumbai or they will jsut send another engineer round for no reason so i filled in the email contact but no reply yet. This BT is really the worst service out.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 7

your dowload speed is faster than your max achievable speed which indicates your ip profile will be going up soon
0 Ratings
Adlopa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Yes, I would normally agree, but that's been the case since the fault was fixed 10 days ago and the reduced IP profile hasn't really changed since then... 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 7

you said "Since then, my IP Profile has been stuck at 45/20" but its now "47.43/20" and your download is "48.28"
0 Ratings
Adlopa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

In the 10 days since the fault was fixed, my Tested and "Max" download speeds have been (a random selection):

T: 41.3    M: 41.37

T: 41.27  M: 40.85

T: 46.61  M: 47.43

T: 48.28  M: 47.43

So I was merely stating a rough average rather than providing a comprehensive list of download speeds. The 'max' speeds have been creeping up, but they've also been going down and an increase of 6Mbit/s over 10 days when download speeds are so high suggests something is amiss. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 7

if they are in order it looks like dlm is increasing
0 Ratings