They are very good 🙂
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
tinytina
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Re: IP profile - not sure why it's dropped

Thanks legitimise.  But no chance of getting back to the original 77.44 profile?  Or is there capacity ... ?

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 13 of 19

There's a bit of scope there. The target margin is 6.0 and your margin is currently 6.6 so there's 0.6 that could give you a few extra k.

Now, without DLM it would just be a matter of a resync. But DLM may have different ideas
--
0 Ratings
tinytina
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Are you saying I should switch off and restart the HH5?

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 19

No, I'm saying you shouldn't keep restarting the HH5 because DLM may decide to slow you down.

I restarted mine the other day and got an extra 200k. Then I had a power cut and lost 1M. But at least I got a new kettle.
--
0 Ratings
tinytina
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Ha ha! Yeah, we've noticed small jumps in the sync over the last year whenever we've restarted the HH, but then occasionally drops whenever the router or modem decided to reset itself.

It's bizarre to be honest, we had a rock solid connection/line when we were with O2 adsl, with a noise margin of exactly 6. Now with BT after months of stable speeds the line seems to have gone all wobbly! Oh well, sit tight and hope for better, I guess ...

Thanks.
0 Ratings
tinytina
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

This is clutching at straws - but could the faceplate be slightly at fault? Or even the bell wire on 3 old extension sockets we have in the house be causing slight noise on the line?

Probably not enough to bring down the margin by 0.6 or more, but I thought I'd seek folks advise.
0 Ratings
vinhphat168
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

I also had my install April last year however mine hasn't been coping as well as yours. On install, my IP profile has been rock solid at 77.4mbps with 7 ping. However, a few months later it suddenly dropped to 55mbps and pings doubled. The pings only recently went back down to 7 ms in December 2013 although the speed has remained at 55mbps.

0 Ratings
tinytina
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Just noticed something odd over the last few days - the HH5 has reset itself 3 or 4 times but every time the IP profile's risen slightly. It's now at 74.16. I know it's hardly a jump back to normal, but it's never risen above 73 in the last year or so. The noise margin has also reduced slightly to 6.5db. Does this mean I have an unstable line (i.e because of the resets), or is DLM trying to raise the profile finally?

How is this happening with the HH5, and might there be a problem with my usual setup of OR modem/HH5?

Any help GREATLY appreciated!
0 Ratings