cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 62

Re: IP profile now 87

Funny thing is that my draytek 2750n,is still showing a line sync of 82334 [approx 82Mbps].

Maybe it will show 87 on it`s next refresh.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 12 of 62

ironman: What is it showing as Max available sync and snr? There must be lots of people whose lines can go faster than 80, but not as high as the 87.5 which a couple of people have posted.
0 Ratings
russo109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 62

Funny enough my profile has increased from 62 to 73 since I checked a few weeks ago

Cat Happy

Download speedachieved during the test was - 59.51 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 16 Mbps-0 Mbps. IP Profile for your line is - 73.28 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 14.35 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 14.35Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
0 Ratings
Cannings
Beginner
Message 14 of 62

I wish I had the same joy mine has dropped to download of 5.59mbps and upload of 9.12mbps with a ping of 37.38 its a new low when your upload is better than your download
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 62

@sjtp wrote:
ironman: What is it showing as Max available sync and snr? There must be lots of people whose lines can go faster than 80, but not as high as the 87.5 which a couple of people have posted.

Why do you say that the lines wont go as high as 87.5? There are plenty of lines that are capable of this speed and more. When BT introduce profile 30a you may even see speeds above 100 Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 16 of 62

Ratty2012: Hi. I'm not saying that no lines can go faster than 87.5. Just that there must be quite a lot of lines with a max realistic sync speed somewhere between 80 and 87.5; and that ironman could have such a line.

My line shows a maximum sync speed of 86.9Mbps right now, giving 75.2Mb actual sync at 5.6db SNR, so I don't expect to see any increase if they lift the ceiling. Maybe a fraction more if the 30a profile manages to squeeze a little extra from the line.
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 62

@sjtp wrote:
My line shows a maximum sync speed of 86.9Mbps right now, giving 75.2Mb actual sync at 5.6db SNR, so I don't expect to see any increase if they lift the ceiling. Maybe a fraction more if the 30a profile manages to squeeze a little extra from the line.

I think you will see the biggest difference when the 30a profile is used and may even see speeds of around 120Mbps

I doubt though that BT will implement Vectoring due to cost, which is a shame as that would give a boost to most Infinity lines.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 18 of 62

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@sjtp wrote:

I think you will see the biggest difference when the 30a profile is used and may even see speeds of around 120Mbps

I doubt though that BT will implement Vectoring due to cost, which is a shame as that would give a boost to most Infinity lines.

You can get up to 140mbps with a 30a profile, though this only in yorkshire at the moment and they stated only people with about 200meters from the cab would benefit from this.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 62

@ryant704 wrote:

You can get up to 140mbps with a 30a profile, though this only in yorkshire at the moment and they stated only people with about 200meters from the cab would benefit from this.

My understanding is that they are using different equipment in the cabinets to openreach and therefore the speed and distance will not apply to openreach. I am sure when these cabinets were on 17a profile they were showing much lower rates than the openreach lines.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 20 of 62

My profile is set to more than allowed. Why is this?
It says IP Profile for your line is - 85.64 Mbps??
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings