cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kebabman
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

IP profile stuck at 135k on new line after a line fault

I have had my phone and BB installed for a fornight. I did get broadband speeds of around 2 meg which was what I was told to expect. After a few days away we tried to use the phone and it was very noisy so an engineer came out to fix a short circuit I think. Since then internet browsing has been very slow and I have been searching for a solution. We rung the BT india call centre and they said that they had asked for something to be reset at the exchange and to wait for at least 3 days.

I have found that my IP profile is always showing 135k and my speed test obviously only shows a figure less than this.

The wall master socket is brand new, no other extensions are connected. I have tried the quiet line test and that seems fine. I have waited 3 days but it is still the same 135k.

Any help would be very gratefully received, thanks

Download speedachieved during the test was - 93 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3584 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:3 days, 02:19:21
Downstream:3.5 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):13.1 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):48.4 dB / 29.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.1 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):2409227 / 902
CRC Events (Down/Up):181958 / 834
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):602517 / 966
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):154078 / 2096

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: IP profile stuck at 135k on new line after a line fault

looks like your profile could be stuck so contact the mods for assistance http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kebabman
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

My IP profile, after being 135k earlier today, is now 3500k after at least 10 days of being little faster than dialup.

Thank you Stephanie for contacting me from the BT forum, obviously if you happen to read this then no need to contact me again, many thanks .

I am tempting fate but I have cancelled my engineers visit for next week which was a struggle to arrange with BT India. Apart from an unfortunate 5 second power cut, I left the home hub alone unless instructed to do so and it was frequently being reset by persons or PC intervention.

I had no confidence in what I was being told by the the Indian staff, constantly doing speed tests when I told them my IP profile was still 135k , being told that the previous person that I had spoken to hadn't done their job properly etc all in all ended up wasting hours of our time. Fingers crossed that the broadband will actually run for longer than it was down for as this was a brand new installation! I would be interested to know what actually was wrong and when it was actually fixed and by who.

I would now be interested in finding out how to get some compensation.

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Possibly could be many things but when my profile gets stuck the issue is that while parts of BT systems update and reflect the correct rate when it comes to update the RAMBO box in the exhange this fails to happen and so the main systems believe that the profile has been reset but in reality it has not. Possibly the same situation with you.

I have raised this with the mods and they did raise a fault with wholesale but while my profile has been reset currently I am still awaiting final info on if the cause of the profile sticking has been resolved or not (was not expecting a reply until next week probably).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
kebabman
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I got up at 7:15am and the broadband light was orange on my hub, so I started cursing that I had cancelled an engineer's visit this morning after a 5 day wait after arranging it. I pressed the reset button and now the BB light has gone blue and speed is fine.

I am now wondering what to do, the BB was OK when I went to bed last night but I have no idea when the light went orange. I guess if I have problems again I should call BT India.

Stephanie please still ring me if you read this post, many thanks

P.S. Many thanks for the reply Raymie67

0 Ratings