Did you mean: 
Highlighted
madervanu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

IP profile stuck at 2500 still after LOTS of calls to BT

Hi

After my upgrade to 20 meg connection my IP profile is stuck at 2500 😞

Before my upgrade I was getting a constant 6.5meg on my 8meg line.

The problem I have is I have rang BT and they have agreed and said my IP profile is 2500, so there answer to this has been to escalate the problem and get an engineer to call me within 24hours, this has happened and on both occasions I have been told that the IP profile has now been set a 11000, this is where the conflict starts, both occasions my IP profile has NOT increased and I am getting to the point where I wished I had not upgraded and just of stuck with my steady 6.5 connection!

I hope someone can give me some advice TIA

here is my hub stats and I will post btspeedtest when the hour is up

Line state

Connected
Connection time0 days, 0:13:30
Downstream13,324 Kbps
Upstream1,176 Kbps
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.1 dB / 6.1 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)30.0 dB / 15.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)1628 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)7 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)1
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: IP profile stuck at 2500 still after LOTS of calls to BT

I notice that the connection time is only about 13 minutes. The IP profile will never recover unless the hub is connected, with no restarts, for up to 3 days.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

here is another possibility about your profile from another recent post - you may be in the lucky 60%

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Warning-to-all-bt-customers/td-p/30562/page/3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
madervanu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

I have read that when IP profiles are reset it only takes upto about 4 hours to jump 300% if needed then the rest of the time to settle down. So what you are saying even though I waited over 2 days after my first call back from an engineer with absolutly no movement on my IP profile that I should wait 3 days and see what happens with this new reset?
0 Ratings
madervanu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Percentage Increase in IP Headline Rate* Period before the BRAS profile changes begin
Greater than (%) To (%) hrs
250 3100 4
40 250 12
20 40 24
15 20 48
10 15 72
8 10 96
0 8 120

From the link in this thread
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

if you read the post if there is a large increase required that should happen as per the scale set out by IanC but that applies to about 60% of the people. I am in the other 40% and mine normally takes about 3days regardless of the increase required.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
madervanu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for the info 2days and 22hours counting Man Mad, I will post back if my problem is/not solved. Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

hope to hear sooner rather than laterSmiley Wink

0 Ratings
madervanu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

well it was sooner rather than later my sync is 15000 on my hub and my ip profile is 11000 I will keep that 🙂 thanks for all the help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

great news wish it was my speedSmiley Very Happy

0 Ratings