cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACarroll
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

IP profile stuck?

Please, would someone be able to at least consider releasing my line from a banded IP profile prior to the weekend? This has been going on for several days, and it is becoming extremely frustrating. I have read in several threads on here that a 3+ day uninterrupted cnonection will allow the mods to at least consider having a look.

When my line slowed down on the 24th (actually a couple of days before), I tried to report a fault using the online system. Apparently all was well, and I should be perfectly happy with between 0.1and0.5Mbps. This from a line that achieves 4 Mbps normally.

I don't have the energy to go through the normal comedy fault reporting process.

I would be deeply grateful if someone could have a look.

My router stats are as follows:

Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:3 days, 21:11:37
Downstream:568.3 Kbps
Upstream:1.084 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):29.6 dB / 6.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):44.2 dB / 24.7 dB
Output power (Down/Up):12.1 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):0 / 468
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 323
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 299

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
ACarroll
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: IP profile stuck?

By the way - router is plugged into the test socket and the 3 days 20 hours ago connection interruption was me trying a new microfilter. Nothing else is connected in the house.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

does your phone work ok?

is there any noise on quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

the stats don't look right with no down errors despite being on interleaving for 3+ days

with your attenuation and a good line I would expect conenction speed about 7.5mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

you are in a banded profile once you get to 5 days stable connection your noise margin will start to drop automatically maintaining a stable connection now is the most important thing
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

@john46

looks more than just a banded profile problem when you look at lack of errors

@ACarroll

profile is not stuck as it is based on conenction speed being 88.2% and changes everytime connection speed changes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

even if the mods did get involved it would still be 3/5 working days (excluding weekends) for them to reply to once then have posted their contact link by which time your connection should be considerably improved by then
0 Ratings
ACarroll
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

The line is quiet and the phone works fine.

I was just asking really because I have seen on this very forum that it might be possible to get done after a stable 3 day connection. 

Worth a go 😉 

0 Ratings
ACarroll
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

So, coming up on the 5 day mark, still no errors and 30+dB noise margin. No change in speed whatsoever. 

Is there information anywhere on how the exchange equipment algorithm works? This is deeply frustrating!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

no there is no information on the algorithm published anywhere a banded profile can sometimes take up to 10 days for the DLM to responds
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

the forum mods can get involved in releasing a banded profile but at the moment the response time once they post there contact link here is 3/5 working day from when the receive there contact form back by which time your banding should have started to reduce automatically
0 Ratings