Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dsproctor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

IPC 6023 And no Internet channels

Go to solution

My saga with BT goes on. Switching from Sky since November error after error and poor customer service all the way. In the end had to write a letter to a comma company the irony. Failed engineer visits, having to reinstate sky's temporarily. BT Sport stopped on sky even though still paying. Visit not rearranged yet the award winning MY BT app showing engineer as still coming. Excuse was "sorry we use automated messages" - very useful. 

Anyway engineer comes and expertly fits fibre and internet straight up and running with no drop outs and 70mb download despite only expecting 50ish. 

Connect TV and no internet channels are viewable with error IPC 6023. Catch-up, on deman and the BTTV app work fine. Status says connected, speed tests says HD and UHD will work. GuIDE shows 98 internet channels (I'm paying extra for sky sports). 

First call to service desk and told I need to wAit 10 days for stabilisation. Inadvertently called UK based engineer and he says that's rubbish as long as getting internet and required speed TV will work. Called service desk again and went through reset procedure which I had been through because it's what it says to do online and on TV settings menu. Told need to wiz the or 4 day stabilisation period (sounds like a fob off). Email from Libby Barr saying it should be working but give it 24 hours. Guess what it's not. Call service desk again and on phone for an hour with extended pauses going through same processes. Turn out I may need an engineer - really! If it's my fault (it was a brand new setup yesterday) I will have to pay 129 for pleasure.

Asked to leave complaint. Long pause why he asked what my complaint was - seriously! Apparently complaints are an offline service and can only call back. After another long pause says he can see I already have a complaint and someone is due to call on "6th November", which was quickly changed to 6th December. I corrected Vivek as surely he means 6th Jan (tomorrow). Oh yeah. 

It must be be a simple fix because internet works perfect and channels show in guide. I'm sure ther're are people on here who can help including actual BT engineers who can't do more than read the script saying have you tried resetting!

please save me from another evening on the phone to the generic BT call centre. I'm getting pretty desperate and just want to watch sport.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
DavidM
Message 2 of 11

Re: IPC 6023 And no Internet channels

Go to solution

Hi @Dsproctor and welcome to the forum.

I'm really sorry you've had so many problems getting connected. I can help with the IPC 6023 error message. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Dsproctor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks BT for contacting me. Gentleman I spoke to said my subscriptions have been reset which may now work. Got home reset youview box, reset router, 70mbs download speed, pushed for update (software ok). 98 internet channels found, all internet channels in guide, on demand works. Still IPC 6023 and no picture on channels (I do get the now and next bar). Looks like no FA cup for me this weekend. More help please.
0 Ratings
Dsproctor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Hi Mods. I don't know if connected but I can't watch BT everywhere on BT TV app but can watch BT sport but I had this pre infinity install. It says error TVE A914 that TV everywhere is not active on my account but I have total entertainment. Could this be a permissions issue? And it goes on. Night. D
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Dsproctor Thanks for checking that for me. I will update the fault notes and the BTTV team are investigating the fault and I'll keep you updated when I hear back.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Dsproctor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
More info (don't know if relevant) but when I go on My BT app it can pull up my package (albeit not showing sky sports) but when I log on via website it cannot pull up my package details, I just get the "retrieving package information ..." and the spinning loading wheel. Still seems to point to permissions / activation error. Cheers D
0 Ratings
Dsproctor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Further info: go to check speed on BT.com and it says "broadband not linked to BT Account". Still pointing towards incorrect activation.
0 Ratings
Dsproctor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Hi mods. Well I waited to 30 Jan as instructed and despite getting a 200 pound bill for BT infinity and all the trimmings I reset my box and have the same IPC 6023 error code and no access to sky sports, but sports or the rest of the internet channels or no access through the BT TV app. I ordered BT on 15/11 its now 2.5 months into a 12 month contract. I'm left with no choice but to cancel the direct debit and only pay an undisputed sum until resolved due to the services not received. I'm still having to pay Sky for TV. I'll await your feedback tomorrow.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Dsproctor Sorry that service is still not active. The BTTV team updated overnight that they are chasing completion of part of the order as should have been completed yesterday. I will be in touch with you tomorrow to advise of progress.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Dsproctor The team have updated now that the order is completed and have asked if you can retest and post back to let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings