Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanD2
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

IPC 6023 Error on both SD and HD BT Sport

Go to solution

I've lived with this error ever since I switched to BT Sport through my YouView box....but tonight it's just getting ridiculous. I usually end up switching to the chromecast option which is rock solid.

Through the YouView box, approx every few minutes  (max 10) the picture freezes with the IPC6023 error. Switching channels and back again resolves it until the next time. Have tried switching to the SD channel and at first I thought it was better, but tonight that seems just as bad.

Have read all the threads, have reset everything in the house, have even bought a gold plated adsl cable to connect the router to the wall. We have approx 50mbps download speed.

Can anyone help ? I know I should contact BT Support, but having dealt with them before I just don't have the strength....

Thanks !

IAN D.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: IPC 6023 Error on both SD and HD BT Sport

Go to solution

How is your box connected to the Hub? Ethernet or Powerline Adaptors?

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Hi there...Via Tp link power line adaptor.
0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
Actually it's via an ethernet switch from the power line adaptor.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@IanD2 wrote:
Actually it's via an ethernet switch from the power line adaptor.

What make and model is the switch, as some do not pass multicast?

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Bt-Vision-box-and-netgear-switch/m-p/1685772#M13...

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
TP link TL-SF1005D
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@IanD2 wrote:
TP link TL-SF1005D

Does it work if you connect it directly to the powerline adapter, without the switch?

It could be either the powerline adapter or the switch which is causing the problem.

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
Now that's a great question.....And the switch isn't something I thought could be causing the problem....
Once the current rugby match has finished I'll give it a try!
Thanks for your help!
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@IanD2 wrote:
Now that's a great question.....And the switch isn't something I thought could be causing the problem....
Once the current rugby match has finished I'll give it a try!
Thanks for your help!

You may need to use a managed switch, which is smart enough to do IGMP snooping, as you are losing the stream.

Looking at the TP Link switch specification, there is no mention of this.

The Netgear GS105E mentioned in the other thread, has this feature. Quote IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/datasheet/en/ProSAFE_Web_Managed_Switches_DS.pdf

From Wikipedia

IGMP snooping is the process of listening to Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) network traffic. The feature allows a network switch to listen in on the IGMP conversation between hosts and routers. By listening to these conversations the switch maintains a map of which links need which IP multicast streams. Multicasts may be filtered from the links which do not need them and thus controls which ports receive specific multicast traffic.

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks for all the info....Will do some testing over the next day or so and report back.so I'd need a switch that has igmp snooping capability....
0 Ratings