Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: IPC 6023 Error on both SD and HD BT Sport

Go to solution

The Netgear GS105E solved the problem with the user on the other thread.

It must be the E version, as the GS105 is just the basic version.

It has lots of other features like rate limiting and QOS settings, so you can control the speed that other devices connect to the switch.

I use one for its Virtual LAN features, which allows me to have devices on my network which can be seen by any computer, but do not have a connection to the Internet.

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

A quick update.

I have no easy way of connecting the BT TV Box directly to my router....seems the very long cable I have isn't long enough.

So I bit the bulet and got a Netgear GS105E switch. Plugged it in....and still get the IPC6023 error.

Does the switch need configuring at all ? I've literally taken it out the box and plugged it all in.

Assuming the switch is configured correctly, I guess it could be the Powerline adaptor ?

I have a TP Link TL-PA211 at the BT box end, and the same at the router end. The router end is an older model though.

Anyone got any idea if these will be getting a suitable feed to the switch ?

Thanks for everyone's help !!

IAN D.

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution
Another Friday night rugby match and more errors...
Fed up now. Bought new switch and have also replaced all Ethernet cables for new cat6....Settled down to watch Leicester V Exeter in HD....35 mins and all ok then bam....6023 error. Moved the Ethernet cables to bypass the switch and....error again...Straight after.
Is it the power line adaptor? I even went on tplink online chat midweek to check their adaptor was ok for igmp snooping.....Just a ridiculous situation.
0 Ratings
Martin--W
Retired BT Expert
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Hello @IanD2

Would be happy to see if we can help. Ideally,  as mentioned previously, we would like to see the set top box connected directly via ethernet to the hub - if only on a temp basis to rule out any powerline adaptor issues.

If you wish to contact me, please Private Message me your cotact details along with phone/account number and I will do all i can to assist.

Kind regards,

Martin.

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Martin, thanks very much for the offer of help. Have sent a prviate message.

Thanks again.

IAN D.

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Just an update to say that I think I've solved the eissue and am no longer getting IPC 6023 Error.

How ?

I replaced my TP Link Home Plugs for BT Flex 1000 Broadband Extenders.

Had them now for about 2 weeks and all seems great.

The added bonus is that the BT Flex 1000 has two ethernet outlets, so I can bypass the switch to get data to the BT You View box. Really good speed, and dead easy to set up. Managed to get them on offer in Curry's too....Smiley Wink

I now need to work out how to get the other TP link slaves I have elsewhere in the house connected to the new BT master....any help appreciated !

IAN D.

0 Ratings