cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

IPC 6023, Pixelation, Sound Drop out. (only on some Network Channels)

Go to solution

VERY Hacked off with BT Customer care at the moment.

On going technical fault - NOT RESOLVED.

Complaints Logged - NOT RESPONDED TO.

Promises of Calls from you - NOT MADE.

Even with confirmation texts in the morning, call do not materialize in the afternoon.

edited by mod

The faults ALL relate to same ongoing problem with your internet TV service.

You have supplied a New You View Box, made 2 x Engineer site Visits, and recently even confirmed that there is a Problem with your Servers / Network Infrastructure.

Additionally, in my latest conversation with a Level 2 support person, we discussed the issue in detail and he advised you would call me today with an update on what you were doing to resolve the issue. This was confirmed with a text from you this morning, confirming that you would ring me this evening (between 5 and 7 pm).  Yet again however, you have let me down and NOT  met your commitment to call me back !!

This level of Customer service quite simply sucks!  This issue has been raised with you many times over 12 months and we are seemingly no nearer achieving a resolution. In the meantime, you seem quite happy to take my money for a TV service that is not operating correctly.

Given that there has been no progress, no contact with me and no updates provided, PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW the latest fault Ref  VOL051-********* can be considered closed! 

And PLEASE tell me in writing, what you are going to do next to fix the problem.

Above submitted 20:38, 29/10/2015.

Enquiry confirmation

Thank you for your enquiry. We will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible. Please make a note of your enquiry reference number and use it in further correspondence.

Where next?
Help home
Products & services home
BT.com home

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: IPC 6023, Pixelation, Sound Drop out. (only on some Network Channels)

Go to solution

This is a customer user forum where support is given by other customers.

The only BT employees here are a few mods who sometimes pick up problems & assist in their resolution - actually they do an excellent job in this respect.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi tp2,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're having so many poblems getting this sorted. I'll be happy to lend a hand so please send over the details. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

hi Tim, 

Thanks for pointing out the all important difference.

However, as this forum is Hosted by BT, I hope we can all assume that they do at least read this from time to time and like any sensible organisation do not wish to be publiclly picked up on their shortcommings to often? Having read a number of the other posts, I do however wonder just how much BT as an organisation actually cares for its customers!

Regarding the Moderators, I totally agree. It would seem they are doing a Sterling Job - perhaps BT could learn something here and actually employ a few Technical People to specifically scan the Forum pages and offer solutions. It would certainly help, given just how abysmal the "call centre" experience seems to be for pretty much everyone!

I have in fact been pinged by a Moderator already, and will be contacting them to try and progress my issues shortly.

If we get any sort of resolution; or even just some actual technical info on the position, I will post the info here.

0 Ratings
tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
One change in characteristics, NO Network TV channels; IPC 6023 and IPC 6024 seems to be happening with more frequency over last few days. When it occurs, on-demand players are ok. Power Cycle Youview Box does not resolve. Only "Fix" seems to be when I Power Cycle my HH5.
rgds
Terry
0 Ratings
tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Hi David,

I rec'd your Voicemail advising you have sent me a mailed reply, thank you.

Slight problem however, in that I can not find it anywhere 😞
Where did you reply to?
thanks
Terry
0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
tp2 I'm also having the same problem. Like you say I have to reset HH5 to sort out this problem. I can go a week with no problems then other times its every couple of days. It is unacceptable that I have to frequently reset my hub. I've not got round to contacting customer service yet, as I really don't have the strength to go through such an ordeal. In the past its been an awful experience when dealing with them.
0 Ratings
tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Still not received any reply, so not quite sure what has happened there, however one new developement at least.

BT rang my home number today and told my wife that they have made some changes at their end.

They have now "put connection on monitoring for a week? and will then get back in touch".

Would be nice to know what they've done, or better, to get a mail direct from them advising. We'll see how it goes this time.

0 Ratings
tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

UPDATE:

Still no written replies, and considering I have three logged complaints which have all now exceeded BT's own timeliness reply targets you would have thought I would have received at least some sort of mail about.

Better news at least on the problem front.

Had a call from a BT Tech today - clearly UK based, and part of a team that picks up and I quote "Stays with" problems like this until they are resolved. He could see from monitoring Logs (remote to the Final Cabinet) that there had been a number of occasions where packet loss had occured which may well cause Pixelation effects, IPC 6023, etc. 

Great news! , not a fix I know, but at least recognition that something is wrong which means we now stand a chance of moving forward... 🙂

Furthermore, he advised that my "Profile" was not configured for Packet Re-send which we both agreed was not optimum, so he has now turned on. Also encouraging. As the problem has been intermittent at best, now just need to soak-test before any further action.

I am now runing the box on BT Sport1 HD for the whole weekend to see iif we pick up any more glitches and they will ring me back Monday.

tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

UPDATE #2. {Nearly There!} 

Significant Improvements; IPC6023 and Pixelation appear to be resolved.

Now only left with very intermittent Sound Drop out.

Key items so far.

Jay from BT confirmed major drops in connection quality - he was able to look at the Data from the Street Cabinet and see that the frequency of Errors was very high. The "Packet Resend On Error" was apparently turned OFF ?!?! , this was rectified and made an immeadiate improvement, but still left me with some packet faults causing picture and sound problems.

2nd big change occured when I was sent a NEW Version 5B Hub, to replace my existing Version 5A unit.

At this point the packet errors reduced to ZERO. Dont know what the difference between the two types is, but it has made a massive improvement. 

There is still a slight on-going problem with sound which is yet to be resolved, but easily 95% BETTER than a month or so ago ! 🙂  So very big thanks to the Moderators and the Techs (Jay) for all their help so far.

The assistance from the UK guys has been excellent. Just a shame that BT insist on contracting out all Chat and Phone Line support via a Bangalore? Office first !