Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatrickWarner
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

IPV6 Settings

Go to solution

Hi,

I am using a non BT router with BT infinity.

Is there a dummy's guide as to how I switch over to IPV6 on my router?  It has various IPV6 configuration options within it, but I can't seem to locate a settings page for BT infinity?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: IPV6 Settings

Go to solution

Which router is it? 

0 Ratings
PatrickWarner
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Asus RT-AC66U

IPV6 is currently disabled in the router, and the first problem is that to enable it you have to pick from a list of options like:

Native

Static

Passthru

....and so on.

Then if you pick one of those options, there are various other configurations that become visible.

Someone told me that you should be able to just "switch on IPV6 and reboot your router" but I would need to know which of the options to pick.

Also, if I try this but BT has not yet switched on IPV6 support in my area (Warrington) will this be an issue?  I assume I can just switch it back again if it doesn't work?

Finally, I read somewhere that PS4 consoles don't support IPV6.  My step son has a PS4, so does that mean it will stop working when I enable this, or just means it will downgrade to IPV4 when communicating with the PS4?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Ipv4 and IPv6 co exist. Devices will use either. I don't know what the exact settings are called for the ASUS but effectively you want Native IPv6 DHCP /56 prefix delegated on the WAN side and auto configuration (either RADVD or SLAAC) on the LAN side. As far as I'm aware, BT have enabled IPv6 universally, so will be available to you.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

If the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U are the same/similar this might be what you need - ASUS RT-N66U router and ipv6.

Regards

Jonkarra
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
I have the asus RT-AC3200 to turn on ipv6 was literally a case of changing the connection type from "Disabled" to "Native" on the ipv6 screen nothing else required changing. Biggest problem at the moment is bitdefender doesnt seem to be liking ipv6 too much unless I turn the network type to trusted, stealth mode to off and generic to on nothing apart from DNS seems to work.
0 Ratings
kmartinez
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I just got my Draytek 2860 working with IPv6 by simply enabling IPv6 on the physical connection but cruicially setting the

WAN->Internet access->IPv6

"internet access mode" to PPP (not DHCPv6 which I thought it might need)

after rebooting it then shows a Global 2A00: address

cheers!

0 Ratings