Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davews
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

IPv6 Home Hub 4

Go to solution
I have just moved my broadband over to BT from Sky and have been supplied the HH4. Good stable connection at 9.5Mbs. I am not sure if the hub has the latest firmware and I have not yet found a way of finding what version it has due to the very limited information in the web interface. It shows various options for IPv6 but says it has been disabled as it is not available on my line. With the information posted by BT a year or so I am a bit surprised they haven't enabled it on a new line, but maybe they haven't. I had it on my Sky line - main exchange, Bracknell. Or maybe there is a later firmware update to address outstanding issues. Has anybody with a HH4 managed to get IPv6 working? I must say I am disappointed with the basic nature of the HH4 web interface, it is virtually useless. I could go back to using the TP Link TDW8968 I had on Sky, but I know that is definitely not compatible with BT (and Sky) IPv6 with no firmware updates expected from TP-Link. But will wait at least until the 10 day training period is over (although no sign yet of any training going on).
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: IPv6 Home Hub 4

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, BT haven't even enabled the HH5 for IPv6 let alone HH4. Stick with the TP Link and forget IPv6

0 Ratings
smithyg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

If it helps for comparison, I am using an HH4 and it is showing the version as:

3. Firmware version:

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.32 (Type A) Last updated 02/11/16

Regards,

Graham.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

I can see an IPv6 option on my TP Link TD-W9970 so maybe that is an alternative?

0 Ratings
davews
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
I managed to find the firmware version this morning, in very small type at the bottom of one of the screens: HH4 Type B 0.07.04.01235-BT - date 'unknown'. As I say it does have various options in the menu for IPv6 but they are disabled. As for the TP-Link, the TDW8968 certainly supports IPv6 but not the Sky/BT /56 version. They have updated some of their routers for BT IPv6 but have told me they have no plans to do so for that one. Of course if my line has not been IPv6 enabled I would achieve nothing.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

The whole BT network is now enabled for IPv6, it is just a question of whether your end device supports it or not.

0 Ratings
davews
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
I am not sure who marks topics as 'solved'. Thanks for the replies, but none of them has 'solved' my question as they have not got IPv6 working on my line with a HH4....
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution
You are the only one who can mark a post as solved you can also unmark the solved post if you want too
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

The mods can mark it as solved. It answered the question in any case, HH4 doesn't have IPv6 capability and the network is fully enabled.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I have HH5 which tells me that IPv6 is disabled.  I don't currently have a need for it and can happily wait for HH7.

Geoff

Tags (1)
0 Ratings